Tabber Issue

Tabbed Product and Fragment Descriptions.
Post Reply
HCC123
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Tabber Issue

Post by HCC123 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:00 pm

I am having an issue with tabber where it is now not displaying the tabs.

Image

Image

norman
Site Admin
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:55 pm

Re: Tabber Issue

Post by norman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 pm

What changes have you done since it used to work?

Also try unzipping the Tabber Zip file into your Site folder to replace any missing files.

If that's not it an (as always) URL will be needed.
Norman

HCC123
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Tabber Issue

Post by HCC123 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:40 pm

The only thing I have been playing with is the Nav bar layout. But I can see how that would affect the tabber.

http://www.homecinemacompany.com/shop/S ... ories.html

norman
Site Admin
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:55 pm

Re: Tabber Issue

Post by norman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:54 pm

All the code in the Overall Layout (and that's quite a lot) between the <title>...</title> line and the </head> line is missing (and has been replaced by some homebrewed <style>...</style> code). This will break lots of Actinic functionality as well as Tabber.
Norman

HCC123
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Tabber Issue

Post by HCC123 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Well we edit the template in dreameaver using the actinic plug in. All the Actinic side works, it just seems if we edit the template tabber goes now. All the tabber options seem fine when I check Actinic. But i am not sure where Tabber shows within the HTML or if it does show.

norman
Site Admin
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:55 pm

Re: Tabber Issue

Post by norman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:49 pm

As I said earlier, you are deleting LOTS of necessary code from the Overall Layout. Here is what you have (on your generated pages) down to </head>

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title>Untitled</title><style>
.txt{font-family:Tahoma;font-size:11px;color:#000000;padding-left:15px;padding-right:15px;padding-top:3px;padding-bottom:3px;}
.date{font-family:Tahoma;font-size:10px;color:#ffffff;padding-left:15px;padding-right:15px;}
td{
font-family:Tahoma;
font-size:11px;
color:#000000;
text-decoration:none;
}
a{color:#DF6200;}
</style>
</head>
This is what a clean Overall Layout should look like:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
   <title><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /></title>

   <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />

	<actinic:variable name="MetaTags" />

   <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsP3PPolicyUsed%22%20%2f%3e"><link rel="P3Pv1" href="<actinic:variable name="P3PFullPolicyLink" />"></actinic:block>

   <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

   <style type="text/css">
	body {
		background-color: <actinic:variable name="Palette3" />;
	}

  </style>

	<actinic:variable name="JavaScriptFunctions" />

</head>
And it generates code like (I've removed blank lines):

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
   <title>My Company Cameras</title>
      <Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="" FORCED=0 />
	   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
   <meta http-equiv="MSThemeCompatible" content="yes" />
   <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
   <style type="text/css">
	body {
		background-color: #cccccc;
	}
  </style>
	   <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="file:///D:/Data/Actinic V10 Sites/Bulleted Descriptions/actiniccore.js?DAYNO=LDZA"></script>
   <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="file:///D:/Data/Actinic V10 Sites/Bulleted Descriptions/actinicextras.js?DAYNO=LDZA"></script>
    <!-- Placeholder of cookie checking javascript code. Do not remove it! -->
   <Actinic:COOKIECHECK />
   <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
      <!-- 
      saveReferrer();
      // -->
   </script>
		<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
		function displayStock()
			{
			var sProdRefs = ""; 
			var sStockList = ""; 
			
				sProdRefs = "39|40";
				sStockList = "100|100";
				getSectionStock('file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Actinic v10/Act_PreviewWarningPage.html', '1', sProdRefs, sStockList, '');	
			}
		AttachEvent(window, "load", displayStock);
		</script>
</head>
I cannot help you with Dreamweaver probels as I don't have or use it. Best ask on comminity.actinic.com and explain that the HEAD area of your Overall Layout have been messed up.
Norman

Post Reply