Tabber - error on page

Tabbed Product and Fragment Descriptions.
Artisan

Tabber - error on page

Post by Artisan »

Looking at http://www.artisan01.co.uk/acatalog/cop ... 53WH_.html you'll see that my tabbed items, which were working fine, are now one above the other. IE8 reports an error on the page as follows:
Line: 34
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.artisan01.co.uk/acatalog/cop ... 53WH_.html
The line 34 in the page source is as follows:
$("div[id^='tabber_']:visible").tabs({fx:{opacity:"toggle"}});
Can anyone see if there is a problem with line or does it relate to something else? I've reinstalled Tabber but it doesn't make any difference - it's JQ-TabbedProductDescriptionsV313-1100 in Actinic v11.0.1

Malcolm
norman
Site Admin

Re: Tabber - error on page

Post by norman »

My Tabber code looks fine. You may have some invalid HTML on your pages that's messing things up (e.g. badly nested or unclosed tags).
Norman
Artisan

Post by Artisan »

I've just been through the laborious job of tracking down the last snapshot that was error-free (9 snapshots ago!), copying all the code and text for the changes I've made since then (I hope!), now I'm restoring everything in the site to bring it back up to date.

This has just shown that the problem is somewhere in my outer layout code which I'm about to troubleshoot. As you say, Norman, your code is fine :)

Malcolm
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I posted recently (last few months) on the Actinic community regarding a single unmatched tag causing similar chaos. Damned if I can find it now after trying searching with lots of likely keywords!
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

UPDATE: Found the post - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=51182 - deals with an essential bit of Actinic failing if an unclosed tag is present.
Norman
Artisan

Post by Artisan »

Thanks for the link Norman, I thought that "only happens if an error is made in tweaking" was the most likely cause, but looking at it again this morning I've pinned it down to the fact that the slideshow uses JQuery - there's a call for jquery.js in the <head> section - if I break that link then Tabber works OK.

Looks like I've got to look for slideshow software that doesn't use JQuery.

Malcolm
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

My add-ons only load jQuery if it's not already loaded (in case you have more than 1 such add-on). That way several add-ons share the same jQuery code.

There should be no problem using jQuery for another add-on. However: try putting your add-ons setup code after the Tabber Setup code and also remove any line that loads jQuery from your add-on as it will already be present.
Norman
Artisan

Post by Artisan »

Many thanks Norman, I removed the request for jquery.js and everything's working now.

Malcolm