Slideshow on Homepage?

Display several small images against a main product. Clicking these images swaps the main product image.
AndyBo

Slideshow on Homepage?

Post by AndyBo »

I notice that the MPI options are available to be set at fragment level and was wondering if there is an easy way to use MPI to display a slideshow on the homepage maybe by simply adding a fragment?
AndyBo

Re: Slideshow on Homepage?

Post by AndyBo »

Please ignore previous post as I have got it working - I was using a modified fragment layout and picking a standard layout sorted everything out.
AndyBo

Post by AndyBo »

Sorry to keep answering my own posts...

I have MPI working fine as a fragment on the homepage now. (not uploaded as yet)
As I want to use it just as a slide show I don't want to have the icon layout visible. If I set the FragmentIconPosition to none then although this removes the icons it also stops the slide show from working.

Is there part of the Fragment Extra Image Table I can alter to stop the icons appearing but still let the slide show work?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Here's a way:

Go to Design / Library / Variables / Extra Images Control / MPI-FragmentPosition / Values.
Click New and type in "Hidden".
OK Out.

Go to Design / Library / Layouts / Layouts / Fragment Image / Standard Fragment Image.
Look at the bottom for the lines:

Code: Select all

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MPI%2dFragmentPosition%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Right%22" ></td><td class="mpi-ico-right"><actinic:variable name="Extra Image Layout" value="Fragment Extra Image Table" /></td></tr></table></actinic:block>
</actinic:block>
Immediately above the final </actinic:block> line add:

Code: Select all

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MPI%2dFragmentPosition%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Hidden%22" ><div style="display:none"><actinic:variable name="Extra Image Layout" value="Fragment Extra Image Table" /></div></actinic:block>
Now in your Fragment Details you can set FragmentIconPosition to "Hidden" to hide the icons.
Norman
AndyBo

Post by AndyBo »

Thanks for that Norman.

Worked perfectly and is a much more elegant solution to the lines I was thinking along.