Using Accordion on multiple menus

Two level, smoothly expanding, search engine friendly accordion menu.
Premsee

Using Accordion on multiple menus

Post by Premsee »

Hi all.

New to this so please bare with me. I've been using the accordion menu in Actinic V10 for my products side bar, installed and got it setup through the instructions. I was wondering how I would go about putting it on the other side menu that displays store information links as this is currently still using the default silver theme menu.

Thanks for any help :)
norman
Site Admin

Re: Using Accordion on multiple menus

Post by norman »

Accordion is designed to be a single menu. It's not designed to be one of two or more similar menus. It may be possible (I don't know how) but you'd need significant skill to do it. See http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... glossy.htm for guidance.
Norman
Premsee

Post by Premsee »

Ah ok, well I'm pretty new to Actinic and web design so I don't think I would be able to get that going, I thought as the other sidebar is the same width and height it would just be a case of putting in the code again for replacing the default one.

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Afraid not. The menu contains specific ClassNames that are animated by JavaScript. Duplicating the menu would lead to duplicate ClassNames and the JavaScript wouldn't know which to operate on.
Norman
Premsee

Post by Premsee »

Ok then no worries, I don't suppose you know how I would go about changing the colour of the background on the sidebar would you? I'm having trouble on where to change the colour so it'll match up with my green Accordion menu.

Thanks

Great menu btw, it's really brightened up my site.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.61 KiB) Viewed 16172 times
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Not really. My skills are programming, not web-design. Asking on community.actinic.com will be the easiest way to get help. If you're able to post the URL of a live page that will help a lot.
Norman