Sorted Products V2.10 - Not Working in search results

Miscellaneous Actinic / SellerDeck patches and anything not covered above.
vistamaster

Sorted Products V2.10 - Not Working in search results

Post by vistamaster »

Hi Norman,

I have just installed Sorted Products and after I've done some design customisation I noticed that Sorting isn't working on Search Results page... would you be able to have a look on my site please? vistatiling [.] co [.] uk

I tried playing with search settings as per your other posts, disabled "Limit the number of hits shown" etc. etc. but still can't get it to work on search results page. The script is working fine on section & product pages.

BTW, I would like to include into the sorter to be able to sort by item size (I've setup a custom product variable where I manually enter item size).

Thank you,
Rytis
norman
Site Admin

Re: Sorted Products V2.10 - Not Working in search results

Post by norman »

There seems to be duplicate code in at the top of your Search Result layout. This code isn't duplicated in the Standard Search Result layout that I sent you with the add-on's partial site design.

Could you post the layout you're using for Search Results please?
Norman
vistamaster

Post by vistamaster »

Oh Norm, I simply removed the duplicated code below:

Code: Select all

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SearchSortLinkPosition%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%27None%27" >
	<span id="searchsortline_<Actinic:Variable Name="SearchResultItem"/>" price="<Actinic:Variable Name="SearchResultPrice"/>" seq="<actinic:variable name="SearchResultItem" />" pname="<actinic:variable name="SearchResultProductName" />" >
</actinic:block>
and now it works like a charm!!! :mrgreen:

I probably got it duplicated when was bringing back my styles into the results layout...

Anyway, well spoton, thank you so much! I was too scared to start removing codes myself lol.

So what do you think about making it sort by variable? could you guide me through?

Rytis
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Happy to help you fix it.

As for sorting by a Variable, this really only works on Product or Section Pages. There are step-by-step instructions in ancillary ReadMe's in the Zipfile.

Search results don't contain user variables so it won't be possible to tweak them the same way.
Norman