Magic Zoom & Multi Image - V10

Miscellaneous Actinic / SellerDeck patches and anything not covered above.
ruralweb

Magic Zoom & Multi Image - V10

Post by ruralweb »

Hi Norm,
Ive installed the addon - see test at http://www.cheapmowers.com/acatalog/Hay ... led__.html

However the enlarged image when a product image is clicked doe not show the close - back - forward buttons and the alt text has no background. Also the grey zoom box does not show when moving over the product image.

Any ideas??
norman
Site Admin

Re: Magic Zoom & Multi Image - V10

Post by norman »

The file magiczoomplus.css isn't on your server. Actinic should upload this automatically as it's referenced in your Overall Layout. Check that it's in your Site folder.
Norman
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

Hi Norm, Yes its in the site folder Ok - Im going to ftp it and see if its ok then
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

Ftp ing the css file has sorted out the zoom and the alt text however the close - forward and back buttons on the popup are still missing?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

If Actinic is being buggy and isn't seeing the CSS file, then it won't see any image file-names within that file. Thus they aren't uploaded.

Add them to Design / Additional files and that should fix it. Look in the MagicZoomPlusMultiImages... Zipfile for the .png, .cur and .gif files.

Note that this is Actinic (not my add-on) misbehaving, so watch out for other problems.
Norman
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

Note that this is Actinic (not my add-on) misbehaving, so watch out for other problems.
Dont worry Norm Ive come to expect this of Actinic over the years!!
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

.png, .cur and .gif files.
Uploaded but still not showing.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The file magiczoomplus.css on your server is not the one from your Site folder.

All files from the Zipfile should have been unzipped into your Site folder (same place as ActinicCatalog.mdb lives).

Your servers magiczoomplus.css seem to be the one from the PreviewHTML folder. This is modified by Actinic and is only intended for use when Previewing.
Norman
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

The file magiczoomplus.css on your server is not the one from your Site folder.
Hmmmmm - refreshed Actinic but it still did not work however when I copied the css file from the site folder (css file was in the correct location) and ftp it into the site all started to work ok. Could it be that Actinic is uploading the preview css file?????

Anyway all working well now thanks norm - happy client needs to do some work now!
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

Setting up another site and Ive hit a different problem see http://www.henryvacs.co.uk/acatalog/Hen ... _Red_.html - the rollover does not work and the zoom images open in the same window.

Ive updated the magiczoomplus.js as per the instructions and carried out the fixes in previous posts - what next?

Happy Christmas
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I can't see any sign of this bit from the ReadMe:
Go to Design / Library / Layouts / JavaScript Header Functions.
Double-click "Standard Javascript Header Functions" to open it in the Actinic editor.
Scroll down to the very bottom and append the following on a new line:

<actinic:variable name="MagicZoomImages" value="Magic Zoom Support" />
Another possibility is that you're not using the Standard Javascript Header Functions in your Overall Layout. In that case put the line above just before the </head> statement in your Overall Layout.
Norman
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

I can't see any sign of this bit from the ReadMe:

Go to Design / Library / Layouts / JavaScript Header Functions.
Double-click "Standard Javascript Header Functions" to open it in the Actinic editor.
Scroll down to the very bottom and append the following on a new line:

<actinic:variable name="MagicZoomImages" value="Magic Zoom Support" />

Its definately showing in the layout as being there - but ive seen this happen before ie that Actinic strips out code you have added.

Another possibility is that you're not using the Standard Javascript Header Functions in your Overall Layout. In that case put the line above just before the </head> statement in your Overall Layout.
It is using Standard Javascript Header Functions however when I added it to the /head then it started to work ok.

Thanks Norm - glad Ive only a few Actinic sites left :roll:
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Perhaps you have an old version of this add-on. The </head> code move to the JavaScript Header Functions layout in February 2010. There's also been a few other improvements since then. Email me if you want the latest version.
Norman
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

Perhaps you have an old version of this add-on
I dont think so as its a copy you emailed to my client just before xmas - anyway its working ok now and snapshot on its way back
ruralweb

Post by ruralweb »

God I hate Actinic :twisted: Client imported snapshot and its broken again. Will have to do it remotely which is what I ended up doing with the cheapmowers site