Product Image

Issues to do with installing and configurating Norcat.
Marianna

Product Image

Post by Marianna »

Hi Norman

I am trying to put have the product image on the left of the product text/description.
I read that you advised another designer that the changes have to be made in Norcat/Config/Advanced/Tables but any changes to the layout should be tweaked by yourself. Would it be possible if you can advise me how to do this?

Kind Regards

Marianna
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi Marianna

If you use 9 digit filenames for the product images (1st 9 digits of the barcode) then that image is for a particular colour and will be placed to the left of the size matrix automatically.

If it's the general product image (6 digits) then that can easily be shown to the left or right of the table by editing Norcat_ProductLine.html and replacing

Code: Select all

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION
with

Code: Select all

<table border=0 width=100%>
        <tr>
          <td>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE</td>
          <td>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION</td>
        </tr>
      </table>
You may also want to go into Norcat / Config / Advanced / Tables and set TextPos near the bottom to Top or Bottom as there will be very little room at the side for descriptive text if you have several sizes.

Note that changes in Norcat / Config / Advanced are only saved when you exit and do a Save at the Config window.
Last edited by norman on Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Norman
Marianna

Product Image

Post by Marianna »

Thanks for that Norman

I will edit it now and hopefully it will work...

Cheers

Marianna
Marianna

Product Image

Post by Marianna »

Hi Norman

I have edited the image in Norcat_ProguctLine.html and Nocat/Config/Advanced and this worked fine. However now some of the text seems to be cutting off mid sentence in some browsers. When I view the site on my PC its fine but when I view it in another its not.
Eg. http://s120997931.websitehome.co.uk/aca ... S-ADN.html
Do you know why this occurs?

Tx
Marianna
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

There seem to be several nested tables with conflicting widths. The line

<TD vAlign=top width=405 background="palette3bg.gif"
height=244>

starts the column which contains all your products and this seems way too small.

The way I diagnose these things is to save the generated page (via Internet Explorer's Save Page Complete), then look at it in DreamWeaver.

PS You also have an unallocated form

<FORM name=form1 action="" method=post>
Norman