Blank page with 0 0 on logging in

Tabbed Product and Fragment Descriptions.
graphicz

Blank page with 0 0 on logging in

Post by graphicz »

I have a client's site which has an issue where when logging in, either immediately or after a brief period of clicking around, you get a blank page with '0 0' in the top left corner.
By extensive process of elimination it seems to be related to Tabber Setup. When Tabber SetUp in Javascript header functions is commented out the logging in is successful and the site can be browsed and items purchased. The site has been upgraded to v2013and the Tabber has been upgraded with it.

I have a version of the site demonstrating the error at: http://www.graphicz.gb.com/dedi/
Username: Test
Password: Test

Login then choose 'Beefheart Mix' for example.

Thank you.
norman
Site Admin

Re: Blank page with 0 0 on logging in

Post by norman »

Someone has customised Tabber to include some Feefo stuff. If you view such a page in Firefox and with its Error Console on, then the following errors show (this also happens without logging in if you use the Search to locate such a product):

Timestamp: 08/08/2013 21:05:32
Error: ReferenceError: FeefoProductCommentMax is not defined
Source File: http://www.graphicz.gb.com/dedi/cgi/sh0 ... tml#a45272
Line: 68

Timestamp: 08/08/2013 21:05:35
Error: ReferenceError: _gat is not defined
Source File: http://www.graphicz.gb.com/dedi/acatalo ... 8.3.min.js
Line: 3

Neither of which seem to be related to Tabber.

Have you a product with just plain text in the tabs and no customisation?
Norman
graphicz

Post by graphicz »

I have reverted Tabbed Product Description to its original form (not displaying FeeFo content) and am still getting the error when logged in when attempting to view HMA filters, DDH MA 80-C
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The "0 0" error seems to be coming from Google Analytics. Suggest removing it and see if that helps.
Norman
graphicz

Post by graphicz »

If I remove the Google Analytics Tracking Code, clear the cache and upload, I still get the 0 0 error.

If I replace the tracking code and comment out the Tabber Setup from the header so that Tabs do not function, the site operates correctly and I can log in, view and purchase HMA filters, DDH MA 80-C without any errors.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

That's narrowed it down. It's a weird bug / notabug (depending on who you listen to) in the current jQuery Tabs which only happens when a page contains a <base ... /> tag. I fixed this back in January 2013 and have sent an updated Tabber to your client.
Norman
graphicz

Post by graphicz »

Would that be JQ-TabbedProductDescriptionsV313-1100.zip?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

No, you need JQ-TabbedProductDescriptionsV405-UI-1-10-1 1200.zip which is what I just sent to Devotedly.
Norman
graphicz

Post by graphicz »

All is now well in the uploaded site - thank you.

In preview within Sellerdeck (but not local page preview in browser) the tabs are not visible, rather a solid grey box :
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The borders have sharp corners too. This implies that you've got SellerDeck using an old version of IE for the Preview. Check Settings / Site Options / layout / Embedded Preview Compatibility where IE=9 or later should be OK.

I've only seen this once before before on a site running Magic Zoom Plus (or other Magic Toolbox code) and the fault only happened on IE7 (now with less than 1.5% browser market share). However I don't think you're doing that. It may be worth temporarily removing stuff like jCarouselLite to locate conflicting code. Your jCarouselLite is rather old.
Norman
graphicz

Post by graphicz »

Preview is and has been IE9
Display was correct before upgrade
Commenting out Carousel makes no difference.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

That's weird. Those sharp corners imply that an old IE is rendering the pages. If you are able to send me a Snapshot I can try to find out what's going on.
Norman
graphicz

Post by graphicz »

MailBigFile
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Installed your Snapshot and saw the blank tab header on Stendker Beef Heart Mix 1.5kg.

I noticed that in layout Standard JavaScript Header Functions you had a big lump of Tabber Setup code instead of the single line:

Code: Select all

<actinic:variable name="TabberSetup" value="Tabber Setup" />
When I replaced said lump with the correct line the Preview started working! Which is weird as it looks like the same code.

So I reinstalled the Snapshot and looked at another product - Discus Fish "The King of all Aquarium Fish". This one failed, even when I'd fixed the Tabber Setup as above.
However it's not using my Tabber code but something you've customised. When I switch layouts to one of my supplied Tabber product layouts the Preview is fine.

So it seems like it's your customisation that's at fault. Note that executing JavaScript within tabs is very likely to fail on filtered pages, search results with sorting, etc. Plain text or simple HTML only is best.
Norman
graphicz

Post by graphicz »

If you click on the Tabbed Description layout in the Design Tree the tabs reappear, if you click on the product layout they stay reappeared for a while.
The additional Tab coding is from the Forum/Tabber support
Blocking the javascript of the extra tab for 'Preview equals false' makes no difference.

Is there a connection with the Extra Images?

Here is one page with tabs showing and not showing: