Norcat size matrix error

Issues to do with installing and configurating Norcat.
Greg Joy

Norcat size matrix error

Post by Greg Joy »

Hello there!

I'm not sure if this query has come your way already, but I have a slight problem - not sure what's happened but clicking on an item on my product page no longer adds it to the cart?! Have I lost some code somewhere? The Actinic guys said it's an issue with the Norcat size matrix.

http://s120997931.websitehome.co.uk/aca ... -3084.html

Post by Guest »

There are JavaScript errors on that page that may be interfering with Norcats's Buy Matrix.

I'm on the remote West coast of Scotland right now with only a 9.6K mobile connection so I can't do much right now.

I'll be back later this evening and will look in depth then.

Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

There seem to be many separate unrelated errors on your pages. None of them seem to be due to Actinic or Norcat failing. They all seem to be due to templates being broken after external editing.

First the Add to Cart not working:

a) You don't seem to have NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN defined. Have a Look in Act_Primary for the block

Code: Select all

<TR>
                <TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="MIDDLE">NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN 
                  <A NAME="top"> 
                  <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM">
                    </A> NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENFIELDS
                    <!-- If customer accounts are in operation following two lines allow displaying -->
                    <!-- User name and customer account name on every page -->
                    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:LOGINLINK --><Actinic:NOWSERVING/><Actinic:CURRACCOUNT/><Actinic:LOGOUT_SIMPLE/>
                    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:HEADER -->
                    <div align="center"><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERTEXT</span></div>
                    NETQUOTEVAR:BULK
                    <div align="center"><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERTEXT</span></div>
                    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTER -->
                  NETQUOTEVAR:FORMEND<br>
                </TD>
The above is a typical block from the Actinic Smart theme and may well be different on your site. However the general layout should be the same. Make sure the NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN line is there.

b) If that doesn't fix it look in Design / Options / Shop Defaults / Shoppping Mode and make sure that Quantity on Confirmation Page is selected. This is the usual default mode that works best.

Other problems:

1) I don't see any View Cart or Checkout buttons or links anywhere. Perhaps someone's removed these from your site navigation.

2) There are references on most of your pages (probably in Act_Primary.html) to an image C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\images\BAR3_r1_c1_f2.gif
This image won't be visible to anyone but yourself (it's a link to a file on your C: drive) and is causing browser error messages and security warnings.

3) There are JavaScript errors because MM_swapImage and MMswapImageRestore are not defined. These aren't part of Norcat or Actinic and are probably due to someone attempting to use Dreamweaver to override or add to the Actinic site navigation images, but failing to add the extra code to the <head> section of Act_Primary.html.

4) You pages fail to render properly on Firefox (possibly because of the aforementioned errors). It would be a good idea to test your pages under Firefox (download from http://www.mozilla.org) and also use Firefox's Tools / JavaScript Console to show meaningful error messages.
Last edited by norman on Tue May 24, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norman
Greg Joy

Norcat size matrix error

Post by Greg Joy »

Hey there, thanks for that. I've got the matrix working now. The view cart button doesn't show up on Firefox, but it does on Internet Explorer (as with much of the page!). Firefox doesn't seem to like the DIV tags or sliced images, or the colour settings in Actinic. Unfortunately the vendor that supplied Actinic to me can't find a workaround, so I'm going to try the support forums. Cheers anyway!
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I still see some problems:

There's still no View Cart or Checkout visible on either IE or Firefox.

The link Joy Shop takes you to the non-existent http://s120997931.websitehome.co.uk/aca ... ndex.shtml
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

There's also a JavaScript error due to an unterminated string when hovering over the Joy Store link due to:

MM_swapImgRestore('images/BAR3_r1_c1.gif)

Also MM_swapImage is still not defined.

Best have a good look around with Firefox and using Tools / JavaScript console.
Norman
Greg Joy

Nocat size matrix

Post by Greg Joy »

Hmm. Strange, its all working fine on Marianna's IE. Got her to look at in in Safari also, which also distorts the side bar so I guess it must be the DIV tags. I'm going to try it out on various browsers and see if I can work out what's going wrong!