Norcat Configuration

Issues to do with installing and configurating Norcat.
CMS

Norcat Configuration

Post by CMS »

In Norcat Config>Skip Sects can we select more than one prefix? For example, we have successfully omitted the Departments we do not wish to appear on the website, but now need to skip some of our Suppliers where we are still awaiting approval to list their products on our website. How do we do both?

Also in Norcat Config>Params>Suppliers although we have specified some T2T Suppliers which we wish to change, the entries in Actinic remain unchanged when we import the new output files.
BRASHER BOOT COMPANY -> BRASHER
SALOMOM -> SALOMON
DA KINE -> DAKINE
O/NEIL -> O'NEILL
MOUNTAIN HARDWARE -> MOUNTAIN HARDWEAR

In case it has any bearing on the above, our SectionList entries are Dept, Type and our Description entries are Supplier - Desc
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Re skipping on more than one criteria:-

I'm afraid you can't do it by Supplier as this isn't part of your section structure.

All you can do is to exclude that suppliers products (in T2T) by adding an "X" into the Options field (usually Rem1 or Rem2). This will, of course, be tedious if you have lots of such products.

Re the Suppliers not changing:-

The original string (left of the "->") must exactly match. You may have two spaces between words in the T2T parameter and that would fail the match. Perhaps there's a space before or after the T2T text.

Again, if you are able to send me a Zipfile containing everything in C:\Norcat\Data and the single file C:\Norcat\config.txt then I can help you MUCH better.

Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Re skipping on more than one criteria:-

It was a good and sensible enough request that I've just added it to Norcat. Luckily it just took a bit of duplicating/renaming of existing code.

Download the latest update and you'll now see two sets of Skip Sections in Norcat / Config. Set the second one's Prefix to Supplier and put a list of those bolshie suppliers below.

Norman
CMS

Post by CMS »

Thanks Norman, that's excellent. I had just added Suppliers to my SectionList before receiving your email, and the v 3.2.01 update works a treat 8)
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You're welcome. I've also added another update since then! You probably won't need it but I've added the capability to use the T2T Reference as part of the Section Structure and Product Description.

Norman