Including out of stock products in catalogue

Issues to do with installing and configurating Norcat.
craig112

Including out of stock products in catalogue

Post by craig112 »

Hi there

I would like to include products in the Actinic catalogue that are out of stock in T2T, but are still available to order. Can you tell me if it is possible to include products that have zero stock in T2T, but exclude products that are discontinued?

Thanks,

Craig
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You can do this. You can define one of your spare T2T style card fields to be used for assorted options. This is usually REM1 or REM2. Look in Norcat / Config for the OptsField setting to see which is in use.

Norcat normally excludes items that have 0 stock. If you put an "S" into the OptsField, then the item will always show as in stock.

Conversely, if you put an "X" then the item will not show even if it is in stock.

Here's the complete list (see Norcat Options and Flags.doc in your Norcat installation's Readme folder for a properly formatted version). The latest version is on http://www.drillpine.biz/norcat/ - look for V7 Operation Guide.

Code: Select all

Product Settings.  T2T Options Field (usually Edit Card / Rem1 or Rem2).

Options. 	Individual options for each product. Case sensitive.

B	Will cause text alongside Map, Table or Compact Image to start on new line.

C  	Will cause this product to be displayed in Compact Table form as above.

D	Will force stock counts to be Displayed for this product.

E	Will cause this product to be displayed in Extended Tables.   Intermediate sizes with no stock will be shown.

H 	Only used with Image Maps.  Will create a set textual links below map.  This is useful if you want text to search on for sub-products.

I	Include item even if it’s in the SkipSections list.

L	Create Image Map (see below) but with map representing single List of choices.
	List of choice names must be added to notes field (see (...) below).

M	Use Image Map instead of Table for product size-colour matrix.
	Will create a big image where parts can be clicked on to choose	colour/ size combinations.
	Needs a 6 digit product image filename (jpg or gif).   Product will be shown for all colours and from minsize to maxsize.  The image will be divided into the appropriate number of clickable regions.   You can adjust the percentage of each cell that is clickable with the Norcat / Config / Advanced feature “Focus”.   Out of stock entries will not be clickable and will display an “Out of Stock” message.

N	Will cause this product to marked "Not for sale".

S	Will cause this product to be shown as in Stock for all colours and from Minsize to Maxsize.

X	Will cause this product to be eXcluded from the catalog.

12.3	Any number in the options field (with or without a decimal point) is also valid and will be passed to Actinic as "Shipping Data".  This is usually used for a weight and can be used to enable weight-based shipping.

Options can be combined where this makes sense.   For example SN will show all of a sizerange and colourway but they'll be marked "Not for sale".   Some combinations will not make sense, like XS  which will try to exclude an item but show it as always in stock.
Norman
craig112

Post by craig112 »

Hi Norman

Thanks for the quick response to my questions.

The behaviour that you describe by using the "S" in the OptsField is exactly what I want. However, the catalogue contains a large number of products so it would be quite time consuming to go through each one individually in T2T and set this value. Is there any way that this can be set globally for the whole catalogue?

Thanks,

Craig
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi, Craig

This could only be done by a bit of a rewrite to Norcat to make this an additional opt-in option. The default would be "off" so existing sites would work as before. The "X" option would still override so that you'd be able to manually exclude some items.

It would be a chargeable job. It would cost around £125 to do. Contact me by email (via address on http://www.drillpine.biz) if you want this done.

However, are you sure that you'd really want to show everything in stock all the time? I've not met a T2T site yet that doesn't have a lot of redundant style cards.
Norman
craig112

Post by craig112 »

norman wrote:It would be a chargeable job. It would cost around £125 to do. Contact me by email (via address on http://www.drillpine.biz) if you want this done.
Thanks for the offer, but I think i'll just manage it on an individual basis.