Nortree Setup Assistance

Basic cascading menu for Actinic 5 onwards.
haggispie

Nortree Setup Assistance

Post by haggispie »

Hi Norman,

I've been playing around with the nortree menu and actinic V6. I've managed to get the 1st level to drop down vertically to the 2nd level, however the 3rd level is moving out to the right horizontally, i wish it to display vertically as the 1st and 2nd level.

How do I achieve that?

Ruth
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I'm afraid you cannot do that. You can only set the first level to display horizontally or vertically.

It's not usual to expect the subsequent levels to be laid out horizontally as that would severely limit the number of entries that could be displayed. Also it's unlikely that customers would expect that sort of behaviour.
Norman
haggispie

nortree

Post by haggispie »

thanks for the reply,

I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm restricted by the current site design which uses a sidenav page with a background colour. The nortree menu is wider than the sidenav. Will need to get my thinking cap on...

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards
Ruth
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You can reduce the length of the top-level Section names, or decrease the font size to fit it in.
Norman
haggispie

Error installing Nortree

Post by haggispie »

Hi Norman,

I've tried to install Nortree onto the computer at Tartan Kilts, however after carefully editing the Master Template as per your instructions. When I went to launch Nortree I receive the following error message:-

'could not open key Software\Actinic|Catalog6\Sites\\InstallRoot'

Can you advise where I'm going wrong?

thanks
Ruth.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Are you running Actinic V6. If not, you need to check the appropriate version in NorTree and save the settings.
Norman
haggispie

Post by haggispie »

Hi Norman,

Solved the problem, it was the login access level on the pc that I installed
Nortree. I logged in as administrator, and was able to add the nortree menu. Tartan Kilts were delighted with Nortree and are going to dispatch a Donationware cheque to you asap.

Thanks once again Norman for all your help.

Regards,
Ruth