Auto Multi Columns Addon - Actinic Version 7.0.7

Miscellaneous Actinic / SellerDeck patches and anything not covered above.
sealkid

Auto Multi Columns Addon - Actinic Version 7.0.7

Post by sealkid »

Hi Norman,

Firstly thank you for all you hard work creating actinic mods off your own back. Greatly appreciated.

I followed all of your instructions on my actinic installation (unchanged except for a few cosmetic changes to Act_Primary.html - such as removing colour scheme borders) and got no errors or problems with the products displaying, but no matter what value I set NUMCOLS to, the products still sit in a single column.

Actinic calalog version 7.0.7 - just wondering if the upgrade to the latest version may have broken your code somehow? I do not believe I have made any mistakes, but as always, i can't be 100% sure. I'm 99% sure :P

Any comments about version 7.0.7?

Regards,

Andrew

PS, the website is being updated presently so if you need to see the shop, it will be available soon.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

There are no changes in 7.0.7 that should affect this patch.

It may be necessary to re-do the patch ater upgrading.

Also, you can try looking at your pages with Firefox and use its Tools / Error Console to see if there are JavaScript errors. These may lead you to a problem area.

Without seeing a live site it's hard to help further.
Norman
sealkid

Post by sealkid »

Thanks for your swift reply!

Firstly, the actinic software wasn't updated, I installed the addon using a fresh install of 7.0.7. Secondly, I don't get any errors or warnings on the firefox error console (using the offline page preview).

I set up actinic on my second machine, and with a fresh install the columns mod worked with the default products and settings. I guess I will have to go through my modifications to Act_Primary.html one by one and see if I can find out what I did to brake it.

Thanks again for your help.