multi column and smart theme

Miscellaneous Actinic / SellerDeck patches and anything not covered above.

multi column and smart theme

Post by Guest »

Hi Norman

I have used the multi column add on before on another store and now a new client would like to have their products laid out in the same way.

This new client has just switched over to v7 smart theme and has some fairly large product images.

I implemented the multicolumn add on but for some reason the images & descriptions did not line up and appeared as if the images were in one column and text in the other (I set the property to 2 columns)
Also only two of the products were in the central table - the other products were outside the box underneath.
The right hand side bar was pushed down underneath the left hand side one

I understand that the size of the images will affect the layout and am working through the site to reduce the larger ones. Though I still got the problem on sections with small images.

Is there something within the smart theme layout that affects the columns layout or did I do something wrong?

I have changed everything back to the original actinic layout for now.

The website is http://www.scrapbooksisters.co.uk it’s the cardstock>12x12paper that needs to go into columns as there's so much of it! Quite a few items on the rest of the site will remain single column layout

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I'm travelling for the next few days and won't be able to look at this until Frıday at the earliest.

Also these patches are Donationware and I'm not keen on supporting anonymous users (especially if they've used them in the past without contributing).
Norman

Post by Guest »

Also these patches are Donationware and I'm not keen on supporting anonymous users (especially if they've used them in the past without contributing).
understandable- though I did donate last time I used the patch I just couldnt log in.
my login is mizz_s my password wasnt accepted nor the email address I used when I tried to retrieve it. Not my day is it?!
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

OK. As I said, I'm travelling, so please remind me by Friday if you don't hear from me before then.
Norman

Post by Guest »

Thanks Norman

look forward to hearing from you

Bon voyage!

Post by Guest »

HI Norman

Hope your travels went well- you asked to be reminded if I hadn't heard from you by today.

regards

mizz_s
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Back in Scotland now.

I can't see any multi-column pages on your site at the moment so you'll need to tell me when you've re-activated such a page (full URL please).
Norman

Post by Guest »

Hi Norman thanks for your patience

I had another issue that needed sorting out and also the ladies had quite a bit of new stock to add after their vegas trip!

I will reactivate the columns but set the default to 1 column. Then I will choose a "quiet" section and set the properties to 3. Once I have done this I will post here to let you know.

Hope this OK
thanks again