Add to Cart

Issues to do with installing and configurating Norcat.
PcAngels

Add to Cart

Post by PcAngels »

Hi Norman

My 'add' button doesn't seem to be working. Everytime I click on it to add to cart a page comes up saying 'The following product(s) can not be added to the cart.' then it tells me to go to a link which says that there is an 'script error: input NULL'. Is this a problem with Norcat or Actinic?

Also when Norcat is imported to Actinic it changes the layout I require and uses 'Use Parent' layout, is there a way where it doesn't do this?

Thanks

Marianna
Norman

Post by Norman »

Norcat is designed and intended to work only with Actinic sections that use "Quantity on Confirmation page" as the shopping mode. This mode should be set for the entire catalog and the "Use Parent" settings will propogate it to all other pages.

You should make sure your catalog is set this way and retest.

Norman

PS I'm not near an Actinic system at the moment so I can't tell you the exact route to that setting.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Also when Norcat is imported to Actinic it changes the layout I require and uses 'Use Parent' layout, is there a way where it doesn't do this?
Although Norcat is intended to work with "Quantity on Confirmation Page" type sections, it should work with "Quantity on Product Page" and "Quantity in Shopping Cart". It won't work with "Single Add to Cart". Try it and see.

You have to make this selection for the entire catalog and this is done in Actinic / Design / Options / Shop Defaults / Shopping Mode.

Norman