RE: Virgofashions.com website

Issues to do with installing and configurating Norcat.
guest/virgo

RE: Virgofashions.com website

Post by guest/virgo »

Hi there ive had my website running for about 3 -4 months now and im happy with the designs by top2toe but theres a few things I wanted to change and ask if possible,
1.) Is it possible to get a picture of an item in checkout even if we are not using our styles by colour code, ie we just use the one product reference and no colour codes?
2.) I want to add more information on each style that appears on the website, As the descriptions on my items are not long enough, Is there a way to do it from top2toe in notes or something that can upload automaticly or would it have to be done manually each time you import from norcat and update the website?
3.) Is there anyway I can use two navigation types on my website, They are already seperated by products ie tops, trousers etc, Can there also be another way used aswell by supplier or a section where tops, trousers etc can be seperated by daywear and eveningwear. The reason I ask this is because where we have so manyof each style it takes a lot of looking down the page to see a mixed in variety of day tops and evening tops.
4.) Is there a way of putting extra pages on the actalog index page aswell as the homepage in the sidebar, everytime i create a new page by section on actinic It only appears on the homepage sidebar not actalog index, Just wanted to put shop details and latest looks and links.

I apolagise for the bombardment of questions but I just found your forum and heard you were the problem solver and just want my website to be sucessful.

Regards James@Virgofashions.com
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

1.) Is it possible to get a picture of an item in checkout even if we are not using our styles by colour code, ie we just use the one product reference and no colour codes?
That should be possible quite soon when I finish Norcat V4. It will support the Actinic V7 Thumbnail capability for your big product images, so you should be able to see images in the search results as well as in the checkout.
2.) I want to add more information on each style that appears on the website, As the descriptions on my items are not long enough, Is there a way to do it from top2toe in notes or something that can upload automaticly or would it have to be done manually each time you import from norcat and update the website?
This one's easy. Just put some descriptive text into the T2T Notes field and it should appear on your site the next time you update. Try one or two test products and see.
3.) Is there anyway I can use two navigation types on my website, They are already seperated by products ie tops, trousers etc, Can there also be another way used aswell by supplier or a section where tops, trousers etc can be seperated by daywear and eveningwear.
Sort off. Norcat V4 will allow you to split the product tree into two. So you could have a top level of Shop By Type (Blouses | Skirts, etc ) and another Shop By Brand ( Animal | Levi, etc ). Your showing all the same product twice but with different routes to get to them. This is, of course, dependent on you having T2T categories that will generate the navigation you need (usually from Dept, Type, Supplier, User1, User2). This will make your web-site twice as big on the server but that's unlikely to be a problem as server space is big and cheap these days.
4.) Is there a way of putting extra pages on the actalog index page aswell as the homepage in the sidebar, everytime i create a new page by section on actinic It only appears on the homepage sidebar not actalog index, Just wanted to put shop details and latest looks and links.
Norcat only makes tha Product Tree part of Actinic from your T2T data. It doesn't alter any of the "Brochure" pages on Actinic so you should be able to maintain these within Actinic. The top-level page (http://www.virgofashions.com/) can be maintained in Actinic and you can also create sub-pages off that if you like. See the Help and other Actinic documentation re "Brochure" pages.

Thankyou

Post by Guest »

Thankyou so much for your help I really appreciate it, Ive seen a few more things that have caught my eye, i would like to purchase currency converter and upsell products to boost the depth of the website, One more thing,(sorry) On edge2edge.com the buttons at the top stay on throughout the whole of the website (ie home,shop,newsletter) is there no way of doing that on my website? Thankyou again

Regards james@virgofashions.com
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I would like to purchase currency converter
This will work with Norcat generated sites but needs the forthcoming release of Norcat (V4) to operate. This isn't due for a month or two.

However, if you're keen to get going with the converter now, then you could upgrade now (I'd send you an interim vesion - already being successfully beta tested live on http://www.snowlines.co.uk). The upgrade cost will be £100 and there would be no additional charge when the full version is released. The currency converter is an additional £75. You'd also gain the capability to split your site into by department / by brand as you mentioned earlier.
upsell products
This one isn't compatible with Norcat generated sites. It requires you to maintain these items by hand in Actinic and Norcat is designed to minmise your need to drive Actinic's product tree.

However all is not lost as Norcat supports Add-on Components, which can be set in your T2T Notes field. Look in the Norcat documentation ( C:\Norcat\Readme\Norcat Options and Flags.doc ) and look at the info about Referenced Components. E.g. Adding this to your notes field

{+Handbag,designed to match.,#001234+}

where product 001234 is a £50 GLITTER HANDBAG

will add a checkbox to the website product and will display the info

[ ] GLITTER HANDBAG designed to match. £50.00

There will even be a picture shown if it exists. All the customer has to do is tick the checkbox and they can buy the two things at once.

You can even discount the item if bought together. E.g.

{+Handbag,designed to match save 10%if bundled.,#001234-10%+}

and you'll get

[ ] GLITTER HANDBAG designed to match. save 10%if bundled. £45.00
On edge2edge.com the buttons at the top stay on throughout the whole of the website (ie home,shop,newsletter)
I don't see that on their site. Can you double check and refer me to a particular page.

Shopping Cart

Post by guest »

Is there a way where you can promote your items whenever a customer selects an item and is viewed in the cart?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

No. I'm afraid that sort of upselling isn't possible.
Norman