Displaying Actinic Content

Tabbed Product and Fragment Descriptions.
Folkdevl

Displaying Actinic Content

Post by Folkdevl »

Hi Norman,

I'm really struggling to insert the Components into the tabber. I've gone through the process several times but I still can not get it to work.

What seems to be happening is that the tabs are greated but just not populated. In fact the content appears just underneath the tabs.

http://www.binoculars-uk.co.uk/acatalog ... copes.html

Can you think what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Re: Displaying Actinic Content

Post by norman »

Did Tabber work before you modified it?

If so, have you a sample page that I can see?
Norman
Folkdevl

Post by Folkdevl »

Hi Norman,

Using it on here:
http://www.binoculars-uk.co.uk/acatalog ... nders.html

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

This is a modified Tabber. Tell me what mods you've made and exactly which mod you are trying to make.
Norman
Folkdevl

Post by Folkdevl »

Hmmm... it's not intentionaly modified as such. I think what happened is that happened aross a site that was using the tabber and the layout was what I was trying to achieve, i.e. the spacing etc so I 'amended the css. I also may have altered the layout slightly.

Are you thinking that things will work if I go back to the default install?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I've gone through the process
If you cannot tell me what "the process" is I cannot help fix it. The code all runs on your PC and there's nothing to see on the website that tells me what you've done.
Norman
Folkdevl

Post by Folkdevl »

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your time and help, I certainly appreciate it.

The only "process" i'm aware of is following your instructions for amending the tabber to display actinic content. If it helps I can post speciffic code, if so which ones?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I assume you mean http://drillpine.biz/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=300 - Tabber: Displaying Actinic items in additional tabs .

Post the entire amended "TabbedProductDescription Customised" Layout. Put it between [c o d e] and [/c o d e] tags (type them without the spaces) other wise it's unreadble by humans.

Out into the snow now so cannot respond until later.
Norman
Folkdevl

Post by Folkdevl »

Hi Norman... yes it was that post.

Hope you got home through the snow :)

Design Library/Layouts/TabbedDescriptions/TabbedProductDesciption Customised

Code: Select all

<actinic:block php="true">
// Tabbed Product Description V2.05
$anc = '<actinic:variable name="EncodedProductAnchor" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />';
$desc = <<<TBPRDSC
<actinic:variable name="ProductDescription" selectable="false" />
TBPRDSC;
if ( preg_match('/(.*?)(&#123;.+?&#125;.*)/s', $desc, $bits) )	// is there at least one tab?
	{
	$panecount = 0;
	$havepanes = true;
	$tabhtml = '<div class="tab-panes">';
	$before = $bits[1];
	$after = '';
	$tabcode = $bits[2];
	if ( preg_match('/(.*?)&#123;&#125;(.*)/s', $tabcode, $bits) )	// optional {} signifies end of tabbed text
		{
		$tabcode = $bits[1];
		$after = $bits[2];
		}
	echo $before; 
	echo '<br clear="all"><div id="tab-header">';
	echo '<ul id="ul_' . $anc . '">';

$firsttab = <<<ENDOFCODE
<actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
<actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />   
ENDOFCODE;
   if ((strlen($firsttab)) > 10 ) $tabcode = '&#123;CHOICES&#125;' . $firsttab . $tabcode;   // only add tab if there's some content

while ( preg_match('/&#123;(.*?)&#125;(.*)/s', $tabcode, $bits) )
		{
		$tabname = $bits[1];
		$tabtext = $bits[2];
		$tabcode = '';
		if (  preg_match('/(.*?)(&#123;.+&#125;.*)/s', $tabtext, $bits) )	// more tabs?
			{
			$tabtext = $bits[1];
			$tabcode = $bits[2];
			}
		// output current tab
		echo '<li id="';
		if ( $panecount == 0) 	// mark first tab so we can set it active
			{
			echo "tab-current";
			}
		echo "\"><a href=\"#\" onclick=\"return swaptabs('$anc',$panecount)\"";
		echo ">$tabname</a></li>";
		$tabhtml .= "<div id=\"pane_$anc" . "_$panecount\">$tabtext</div>";			// save the contents of the tab for later
		$panecount++;
		}
	echo "</ul></div><br><div class=\"tab-container\" id=\"cont_$anc\">$tabhtml</div></div>";			// output all the tab text
	echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">pids.push('$anc');</script>";		// save list of tabs to activate on page load
	echo $after; 		
	}
else
	{
	echo $desc;	// no tabs, so output text unaltered
	}
</actinic:block>
... and also:
Design Library/Layouts/Products/Standard Layout Using CSS - Tabbed Descriptions Customised

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
      <form method="post" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />"> 
         <input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionID"/>" />
         <input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />           
         <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
         <Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionCatFile"/>'/>
         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
            <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
            <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />

<div class="product_list">
		<div class="image_product"><actinic:variable name="ProductImageLayout" /></div>
			<div>
         <div style="float: right;">

</div>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <div style="float: right;"><strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OutOfStock"/></span></strong></div>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <div style="float: right;"><strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="CatalogSuspended"/></span></strong></div>

<a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>"></a>
			<span class="actregular"><B><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></B>
         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
            <p>Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" /></p>
			<h3 class="product_price">

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False">
	         <Actinic:NOTINB2B><br /><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br />
            <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=-1><Actinic:Variable Name="RetailCustomerMessage"/></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>
         </h3>
         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <p>
            <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span><input type="text" name="Q_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" class="form_input_general" />
            </p>
         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e">
            <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductID"/>"  value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />
      </div>  
			<p>
         <actinic:variable name="CartError" />

<actinic:variable name="TabbedDescription" value="TabbedProductDescription Customised" />

<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br />
            <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkInfo"/>">
               <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkText"/>
            </a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
				<Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>">
            <b><actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" /></B><BR>
            </Actinic:PRICES>
		 <BR>
		   <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29" >
            <actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />
         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e">      
            <br /><actinic:variable name="DiscountList" value="Standard Discount List" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br />
            <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />
            <input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br />
            <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt"/></span><br />
            <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />
         </p>
	</div>
______________________________________________________________________________________________<br>   <br>  
</form>
The long line at the end I put in because the seperator never seemed to work.

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

OK. You're actually following Displaying Actinic content in the first tab from viewtopic.php?f=12&t=333 - and not the one you referred to above. Also if you'd told me that at the beginning it would have saved a lot of time.

It looks like you've followed the instructions correctly. However I see lots of unmatched <DIV> and </DIV> tags in the generated code.

Please check that these are not coming from your descriptions. If they are there - remove them.
Norman
Folkdevl

Post by Folkdevl »

I'm looking at the description and other than the use of the bullet symbol (if you can call that unusual) there doesnt seem to be anything that would cause this, i.e. code below:

!!<<strong>>!!Eye Pieces!!<</strong>>!!
• Multiple interchangeable eyepieces available including 20x-60x, Zoom; 30x, Wide; and 25x, LER for total versatility in the field. Eyepiece locking mechanism prevents the eyepiece from falling out or getting lost. Converters allow users to utilize eyepieces from other Kowa spotting scope series.

!!<<strong>>!!Cases!!<</strong>>!!
• Optional stay-on-scopes cases have been designed specially to protect the TSN 880 Spotting Scope Series. The all-weather cases are ergonomically and functionally designed to guarantee extremely efficient use in the field.

!!<<strong>>!!Digiscoping!!<</strong>>!!
• Kowa offers a total solution for Digiscoping that allows enthusiasts to combine the high optical performance of Kowa’s Prominar TSN-880 Series with the quality of various digital, SLR and video cameras in a revolutionary way. Our complete system of adapters offers users the opportunity to observe, photograph and film nature with integrated functionality that was previously unimaginable. 

Warranty: Lifetime of the product

{Test}
hfjdhdjdkshkjsjhsdjkhjksjksdhf

{Features}
• It's the big objective lens-indeed, the "eye" of the Kowa Spotting Scope that sets it apart from the competition. For birders and hunters alike, these are the scopes that re-define clarity, because-among their other impressive features-they boast a large 88mm objective lens crafted of ultra high-grade optical glass. Ensuring maximum light gathering, clear visual range and sharp images that traditional glass lenses can not attain in the field. 

• The magnesium alloy body makes the scopes rugged, compact, easy to carry and handle, making them an ideal companion in the great outdoors. The waterproof housing meets the rigorous standards of JIS Protection Class 7; they are also charged with dry nitrogen gas to prevent fogging. 

• Utilises Kowa's new innovative inner focus system to decrease image movement when focusing on objects-even single handed. 

{Spec}
Model: TSN-881 
Objective Lens Diameter: 88mm 
Minimum Focus Distance: 5m 
Diameter of Filter: 95mm
Length: 343mm 
Weight: 1,520g
To test, I stripped out the description completely and the Tabber still would not display the components in the tab. I'm a bit of a loss to explain it really other than the slight customisation of the tabber.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Everything works fine here. I've used your code that you posted above (02 Feb 2009 05:41 pm ). And the text that you posted (03 Feb 2009 07:45 am). I've attached screenshots of it working.

I cannot help further with this as (a) this is an extension to Tabber and is not supported. (b) I have no control over the rest of your site which seems to be interacting with Tabber.
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (16.01 KiB) Viewed 26622 times
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (46.16 KiB) Viewed 26621 times
Norman