Tabber Layout Question

Tabbed Product and Fragment Descriptions.
Matty

Tabber Layout Question

Post by Matty »

Hi,

I have sussed out how to change the colour of the box border around the tabber (ui-tabs-panel), but this doesn't change the border of the actual top tabs themselves (using Tabber Rounded Grey). So I have my green border but with black tabs border instead of all green.

Also, the main text inside the tabs (not the tabs titles) is centred and I wanted to try is left aligned, but again cannot see where to change it in the layout. I can only find out where to change it for the tabs titles.

I've played around with no luck, but I expect it is something really simple that someone with more expertise will know in an instant??

Thanks.
norman
Site Admin

Re: Tabber Layout Question

Post by norman »

Assuming you're using Tabber V3, you have to edit image file jqtabber_tab_grey.png. Care required.

Note that this contains 4 distinct images for the active and inactive tabs, both left and right parts.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Morning
I am also struggling to left margin the text in tabbed descritions but cannot follow from the response below

Do you have more info
Many thanks
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Can you provide a link to a faulty page so I can see what's hapenning?
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Hi Norman
Here is the link as requested http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Garmin ... 35_04.html
The problem appears to be the text and Product name outside of the tabbed area.
Also the tabs are not fitting page until used atleast once

Hope this helps
Regards
CH Marine
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You have chosen to center everything in the Product / Extended Info (not sure which it is) layout you are using for this product. Look at the text above the tabs and you'll see it's centered. Remove that centering and it won't carry through into the tabs.

As for the width / positioning problem, I see different behaviour in different browsers which isn't related to Tabber. Look at a non-Tabber page like http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Awlgrip_Antifoul.html in Firefox and IE. Firefox is OK but IE has extraneous left margin in the content area. I'm not a web-designer so you'll need to talk to whoever did that overall design to see if they can fix it.

P.S. You've also embedded some HTML around the ON SPECIAL in the Product Name. A bad idea as this may mess up the customer email, downloaded Order, etc and is also breaking the Recent Products listing. If you must do this, I'd suggest replacing the single quotes with doubles in the <span style='color: #ff0000;'> so it becomes <span style="color: #ff0000;">
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Hi Norman
Thanks for this. I notice all CSS templates have the text centred so am just trying to work out how to change to the right hand. ( without success so far ) Thanks for the heads up on the HTML in the page name. I was hitting the change font buttons in the product name which was creating the HTML and so will remove it as I find it .