Automatic Table Generator in tabbed fragments

Tabbed Product and Fragment Descriptions.
NickB

Automatic Table Generator in tabbed fragments

Post by NickB »

Thanks for the excellent automatic table generator V1.2 which works a treat in Tabbed Product Descriptions.

How can this be implemented in Tabbed Fragments?

Tabber V3.12
SD 2013 12.0.2 NVGA
norman
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Table Generator in tabbed fragments

Post by norman »

A link to whatever code you are using would have been useful.

Guessing that you're talking about http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=46322 then in post #7, when you read "Edit layout "TabbedProductDescription" and look for the line:" instead do "Edit layout "TabbedFragmentText" and look for the line:".
Norman
NickB

Post by NickB »

Thanks Norman. I was assuming I'd inserted the code in the wrong place but had in fact done it correctly as above. Turns out the problem was with embedded html entered on other tabs.

The following entry in Tab 2 causes the table in Tab 1 to not display as a table.
{Tab 1}
[(Size, Small, Medium, Large)
(Length, 20, 30, 40)
(Weight, 100, 150, 200)]
{Tab 2}
!!<
<p>test</p>
>!!

The following works fine with the table displayed correctly.
{Tab 1}
[(Size, Small, Medium, Large)
(Length, 20, 30, 40)
(Weight, 100, 150, 200)]
{Tab 2}
!!<<p>test</p>>!!

Both are (I believe) valid ways of embedding html in fragments/descriptions etc. as far as SD is concerned (they both have the same effect) but the latter form needs to be used when using the automatic table generator. (I'm guessing this is not specific to tabber but I haven't tested that).

Example: While all 3 code snippets below will produce a list in SD, only examples 1 or 2 will work with the table generator while 3 will break it.

!!<<ul>>!!
!!<<li>Entry 1</li>>!!
!!<<li>Entry 2</li>>!!
!!<<li>Entry 3</li>>!!
!!<</ul>>!!

!!<<ul><li>Entry 1</li><li>Entry 2</li><li>Entry 3</li></ul>>!!

!!<<ul>
<li>Entry 1</li>
<li>Entry 2</li>
<li>Entry 3</li>
</ul>>!!

Lesson learned - avoid line breaks between !!< ... >!! if using the Automatic Table Generator anywhere in the same fragment (or I guess also product description).

Thanks again for this great little bit of code.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I've fixed that sensitivity to line breaks. Please revisit http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?p=295443 post #7.
Norman