Collapso - please help !

Expanding / Collapsing, search engine friendly, Section menu.
yetiserve

Collapso - please help !

Post by yetiserve »

we've had this for a week and I still can't get it to work for me.
We're using actinic 8.5.1 and the css theme 13.
I can import the 'site' as per the instructions and put the collapso support where it's suposed o be in the head section but whenever I insert the dynamic menu bit I get the text of the menu as normal with a large squre with an 'x' in it on the right of the menu item but no menu and then something that says:

Duration: 0081419944763184
bytes:749

and it then repeats the menu and this message again

Please does anyone know what's happening ?!
Thanks
Andy
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Collapso ahould be very easy to install.

Without seeing a live site I can't tell what you're doing wrong. An URL would help.

Here's what works for me on a "Clean Layout 13" theme.

The following is the code around the </head> and <body ...> area of the overall layout.

Code: Select all

</head>

<body onload="<actinic:variable name="OnLoadScript" value="PreloadImages" />">
<actinic:variable name="HeaderArea" value="Header Area - Nothing in Row 1 - Nav Bar in Row 2" />

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0">
   <tr>
      <td valign="top" class="sidebar">
         <actinic:variable name="TopLevelSectionList" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTopSectionListIncluded%22%20%2f%3e" />
         <actinic:variable name="BestSellerListSidebar" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22BestSellersListInSidebar%22%20%2f%3e" />
         <actinic:variable name="NewProductListSidebar" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NewProductsListInSidebar%22%20%2f%3e" />
      </td>
And here's the same area with Collapso installed (1 line added and 1 line replaced).

Code: Select all

<actinic:variable name="Collapso-5 Support" />

</head>

<body onload="<actinic:variable name="OnLoadScript" value="PreloadImages" />">
<actinic:variable name="HeaderArea" value="Header Area - Nothing in Row 1 - Nav Bar in Row 2" />

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0">
   <tr>
      <td valign="top" class="sidebar">
         <actinic:variable name="Collapso-5 Dynamic Menu" />
         <actinic:variable name="BestSellerListSidebar" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22BestSellersListInSidebar%22%20%2f%3e" />
         <actinic:variable name="NewProductListSidebar" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NewProductsListInSidebar%22%20%2f%3e" />
      </td>
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The "Duration...." message is a diagnostic. This isn't ususally displayed. Go toSettings / Site Options / Layout / Site and set "Collapso Diagnostics" to False.
Norman
yetiserve

Collapso - please help !

Post by yetiserve »

Ok here's the test domain we're using - I've tried it with the clean template 13 and I'm still getting this problem

http://www.cobnpen.co.uk

Thanks for your help

Andy
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The necessary files collapso-5-Standard.css and collapso-5.js are not on your server. Actinic should automatically upload these for you. Check that they're in your Site folder (usually Site1).

If they're not there, you may have skipped the very first step of the ReadMe - Unzip this Zipfile into your Site folder. Redo that and all will be well.
Norman