Collapso Users Clicking Around Link Text

Expanding / Collapsing, search engine friendly, Section menu.
jonsurf

Collapso Users Clicking Around Link Text

Post by jonsurf »

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. Having done some user testing on my website, I've noticed that users sometimes click anywhere within a box on the Collapso menu, expecting it to activate the link. But they have to click precisely on the link text within the box to activate the link. Is it possible to change this so that clicking on the box behind the section text will take the user to the same section as if they'd clicked on the text itself? I'd be very grateful for any help. :D

Thanks

Jon
norman
Site Admin

Re: Collapso Users Clicking Around Link Text

Post by norman »

The links in Collapso are like every other text link on a page. It's the text of the link that needs clicking and this capability is shown by the cursor changing to a "hand" pointer when over such links. Standard web-page behaviour and what most people expect to happen.

Apart from being very difficult to do (and way beyond the customisation available for a £25 item) this would mean that the areas around the [+] and [-] arrows would take the customer to another page if the customer mis-clicked there.

IMHO, best leave as-is.
Norman
jonsurf

Re: Collapso Users Clicking Around Link Text

Post by jonsurf »

Thanks Norman. I'll leave it as it is. It works very well for the majority of users.