dynaimc images not working!!

Images added to each Choice. Images displayed as scaled down icons. Main image swaps when the Choice is selected.
dmc

dynaimc images not working!!

Post by dmc »

hi,

i have unzipped the templates and modified the act_primary.html template and added the image name in curly brackets, but nothing happens??? if you look at http://www.artimewatches.co.uk/temp/acatalog/A_102.html you can see that the image name is not getting parsed because it appears in the description in the drop down box..

any pointers would be most helpful!!!!!
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You've missed this bit from the ReadMe

Add the following code to Act_Primary.html (just above the </HEAD> tag).

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="dynamicimagesupport.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
Norman
dmc

Post by dmc »

hi norman,

i have done that at the beginning!! It is pretty strange because the instructions are fairly straight forward????

any other ideas?? I have even tried raio buttons as well and restored the original actinic templates...
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I did a View Source on your page and the line definitely isn't there. Perrhaps you're not using Act_Primary.html for that page.
Norman
dmc

Post by dmc »

hi norman,

thanks for the prompt replies....

i have modded a lot of templates for the products... I use Act_ProductBody_men.html for the main section, i use one called Act_ProductBody_menBAK.html for the first sub-sections and then one called Act_Primary_productsmen1thumb.html for the next sub section and product detail... The product layout template is called act_ProductLineLarge.htm.

Which one shall i put it in?

cheers...
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I use Act_ProductBody_men.html for the main section, i use one called Act_ProductBody_menBAK.html for the first sub-sections and then one called Act_Primary_productsmen1thumb.html for the next sub section and product detail...
Your template naming is a bit confusing.

You can only have one Act_ProductBody.html, so I guess your similarly named ones are, in fact, modified Act_Primary.html Templates.

If so (they'll start and end <html> ...</html>), put the Act_Primary.html code from the readme into all of them.
Norman
dmc

Post by dmc »

cheers norman.. i will give it a go.. the different templates are for different bg's etc.. for the ladies collection, mens etc.. visit http://www.artimewatches.co.uk/temp/acatalog/ and click on collection, you can see the proper version...

I will let you know how I get on..

cheers
dmc

Post by dmc »

hi norman,

no joy i'm afraid, grrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :cry:

Any other ideas??? I inserted it into all the product templates..
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Now there are two things wrong.

1) You are putting the following into your Product Template (which puts it in the BODY of the page, rather than the HEAD - this may work but isn't ideal. I've amended the note below to indicate that you need this in all catalogue Primary Templates.

Add the following code to Act_Primary.html [/b]and all other Primarty Templates that you use for product sections (just above the </HEAD> tag).

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="dynamicimagesupport.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

2) You are using the standard Actinic Variant Templates. You have to unzip this patch into your Site folder to replace these Templates.

I hope you are going to honour the Donationware system.
Norman
dmc

Post by dmc »

hi norman,

i managed to get it working, do not ask how!! Cheers for the help..