DropDownBackgroundColour Not Working

Images added to each Choice. Images displayed as scaled down icons. Main image swaps when the Choice is selected.
3bs

DropDownBackgroundColour Not Working

Post by 3bs »

Hi Norman

Having trouble with the Drop Down Colour Choice menu.
I think it installed OK, but when I add the #000000 along side the colour name in the HTML for Name section it appears next to the colour in the dropdown list.

Also, when I try to preview the pages I get a Coding error...
Variable 'DropDownBackgroundColour' is not defined. (35 times).

Any ideas.

Regards

3bs
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi,
when I add the #000000 along side the colour name in the HTML for Name section it appears next to the colour in the dropdown list.
Leave out the #. The patch only looks for 6 hex digits - e.g. 88aabb.
I get a Coding error... Variable 'DropDownBackgroundColour' is not defined
You've named that variable Drop Down Background Colour. Delete the spaces from the name in the Library and all will be well.
Norman
vidjo

Re: DropDownBackgroundColour Not Working

Post by vidjo »

Hi Norman,
I've been trialing the DropdownBackgroundColour for a short while in Version 7 and it seems to have helped our customers choose the correct colour from a range of 25.
Today I decided to try the Beta of Version 9 and find it shows the colour name along with the #000000 as in the post above. I tried leaving out the # but it made no difference.
I have looked at the various .act files and they all have the added or changed scripts.
I know it was written for V7 - but can it be made to work with later versions?
norman
Site Admin

Re: DropDownBackgroundColour Not Working

Post by norman »

For V8 (and V9 when it's for real), I've rewritten this patch so it uses a Variable DropDownBackgroundColour tha contains this value. This produces much cleaner code than the old way and is easier to use too.

It's a new product and will cost £25 per site. If you want it, email me name and address details I'll email you a PDF invoice for £25 (+ VAT if you're in the EU). When that is paid (Paypal, Bank Transfer or Cheque - fastest mentioned first) I'll email the patch.