Problems with new install of V11

Images added to each Choice. Images displayed as scaled down icons. Main image swaps when the Choice is selected.
chmarine

Problems with new install of V11

Post by chmarine »

Good Morning
Just installed V11 but run into a few problems :

New Product - Images not changing with choice - See here http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Percep ... Kayak.html
Existing products - Not displaying image See here http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Musto_BR1_Range.html
Under Product Choice Control - The 'Image' line is duplicated in a few choice

Any clues ?
norman
Site Admin

Re: Problems with new install of V11

Post by norman »

New Product:

This problem is because some code from an older installation of Dynamic Choice Images is loading after the new code and overriding the new.

Look in your Overall Layout somewhere above </head>

for the following:

Code: Select all

<!-- Dynamic Image Support -->
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="dynamicimagesupportv4.js">
// src="dpimagesupport.php" // Adds file to Snapshot
</script>
<actinic:block php="true">$MOTOform=false;</actinic:block>
<!-- Dynamic Image Support -->
And delete it.

Other Problems:
Retest after fixing the above.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Many thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in getting back ( Was Traveling on business)

Have deleted the code as recommended and this has corrected the New Products images and the duplication of image choice control but still showing a problem here :

Existing products - Not displaying image See here http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Musto_BR1_Range.html.
Can yuo take a look .
Many thanks !
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I see no Choice Images on any of the products on http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Musto_BR1_Range.html

Double-check that the variable is set on these Choices under Choice Details / Choice Image Control / Image. If so, a screenshot of what you see would be useful.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Thanks for the response. I cannot see any differnce between the choice that works or the one thant does'nt

Here is the snap shot
Attachments
Choice Control.PNG
Choice Control.PNG (53.52 KiB) Viewed 59101 times
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

That's the Attribute Details looking OK.

What about the Choice Details as per my previous post?
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Sorry here is the snapshot of ' Choice Image Control'
Attachments
Choice Image control.PNG
Choice Image control.PNG (28.82 KiB) Viewed 59096 times
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

That Choice Image Control / Choice Image looks OK. I presume you've checked that the path to that image exists and the file exists on your V11 system.

Try selecting another image and see if that shows. If it shows, reselect the first image.

If that's not helping, the image not showing is inexplicable. You did mention seeing duplicated variable names in the Choice Details. This shouldn't happen and may point to corruption in the Actinic database.

I recall problems with variables associated with Choices in earlier Actinic versions. What version did you upgrade from?
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Hi Norman

We have always updated Actinic as ungrades have become available . Therefore we would have gone from V10 to V11.01
Attached a screen showing the duplicated image line .
We are installing Actinic on a different machine to see if that will make a difference.
Attachments
Double Image.PNG
Double Image.PNG (55.3 KiB) Viewed 59090 times
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

That duplicated Image line is a bug in Actinic. As far as I know, it's fixed in V11 but it's very likely that you may have brought corrupted data over when you upgraded from older versions.

As the problem is in the Actinic database there's nothing I can do to fix it.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Have downloaded Actinic to a different machine and installed snapshot with no luck .

If we create new products with choices, images still not showing . Should we uninstall and re-install Dynamic Choices or if this still down to a corrupt database and is there anything else we can do ?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

If you've time and energy, I'd suggest installing Dynamic Choice Images into a clean Actinic v11 demo site. If everything works there (which I expect), then that shows that my code is OK.

All I can suggest is re-installing Dynamic Choice Images. I've no ideas as to how to fix a corrupt database.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Hi Norman.
Following your last post we seem to have identified that the problem relates directly to whether or not 'Single Page Per Product' ( SSPP) is selected .

We reverted to a snapshot pre the instalation on DCI V11 Upgrade ( 8th March ) and found all images choice worked perfectly with the exception of products using SPPP

When we re-examined the current install with the DCI V11 Upgrade, we found that the DCI works perfectly with SPPP items but not for products when this option is not selected . As we are doing a slow converstion to SSSP there is still the majority of our products on the non- SPPP system .

Is it then correct to say the DCI V11 only works with SPPP ?

Hoping we have found something
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Could this be a settings problem?

V11 can automatically build Single Product Pages and if so the default for the Section pages is to use a concise product layout. Because dynamic Choice Images may not be wanted on the concise layouts, there's a new Variable DCI-ShowOnSectionPages which defaults to false. Here's the bit from the ReadMe.
DCI-ShowOnSectionPages: New in V11. Whether to show dynamic choice images on Section pages.
If you use the new Product Pages capability you may not want dynamic choice images
displaying on the concise product lists on the Section pages. Default false.
If you missed that and left it at its default, then you'll only see Dynamic Choice Images on the Product Pages.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Thats the problem ! All sorted
Many thanks for your kind attention.