Choice images in other layouts

Images added to each Choice. Images displayed as scaled down icons. Main image swaps when the Choice is selected.
dewargreen

Choice images in other layouts

Post by dewargreen »

Hi

I am using the dynamic choices add-on in a clothes shop website.

I use the add-on to replace the item colour choice radio buttons with a small colour swatch icon and the item size options with a S, M, L, XL icon. This all works really well.

On the product list page before the individual product pages I'd like a compact list of all products in that section. For each item I'd like to show the name, thumbnail image, price and colour swatches. These are not selectable just a visual guide to what colours are available for that item.

I can do the name, thumbnail and price but I can't work out how to insert the colour options into the laylout.

Do you think this is a relatively straightforward task and if so would you be able to point me in the right direction within your layout code to get me started?

Thank you.
norman
Site Admin

Re: Choice images in other layouts

Post by norman »

Try:

Code: Select all

<actinic:block type="AttributeList">
  <actinic:block type="ChoiceList">
    <actinic:variable name="ChoiceName" /> <actinic:variable name="ChoiceImage" width="50" />
  </actinic:block>
</actinic:block>
If that doesn't help, then considerable extra work may be needed. Email me for a quote.
Norman
dewargreen

Post by dewargreen »

Thank you very much, I'll let you know how I get on.
dewargreen

Post by dewargreen »

After a quick test nothing was output.

I'll try a little more carefully tomorrow morning but I may well be in touch for some help.

Thanks again.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The code I wrote above will only work with simple Attributes that aren't within Components.

If your Attributes / Choices are within Components (you've not said, nor posted a link to your site) then things are much more complex.

It may be worth asking on community.actinic.com as this is fundamentally an Actinic problem (How can I display a Variable associated with a Products Choice on a Section Link page?).
Norman