Dynamic Choices Stopped Working

Images added to each Choice. Images displayed as scaled down icons. Main image swaps when the Choice is selected.
chmarine

Dynamic Choices Stopped Working

Post by chmarine »

Hi
Dynamic Choices simply stopped working . we actually forgot that we had DC and got on to Seller Deck Support who moved us back to default to get the system working .
How do we get it working again ? Should we do a re-install?. . We are on SD ver. 12.0.3

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic Choices Stopped Working

Post by norman »

I've no idea what's wrong so have sent you the latest version of this add-on by email so you can re-install.

Backup the entire Site folder first in case of problems.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

HI Norman
After Seller Deck support had changed out drop down option to default. We took a backup and installed the new version of the Add-on as sent in your e-mail ( We did not uninstall the previous version) After the upload we again seem to have reverted to the problem . The drop down boxes were locked and you are unable to select . It appears the radial button did seem to work normally. We have now uninstalled the DC add-on just to get the site back working . Any ideas ?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I've just installed the file I sent you yesterday into a clean V12 site here - and it works as expected.

There's not much more I can do as you've removed it from your site.

P.S. You got this in April 2013 and had a problem when you installed it in May 2013. Here's what I emailed you then:
Anyway, I’ve analysed your site and I think I see the problem. It’s SellerDeck acting bizarrely I think.
Go to Settings / Site Options / General / Choice Image Control. Look for setting “ShowIconsOnDropDowns” and if it set to True, do the following:
Edit file (in your Site folder - using Notepad or any other text editor) “dynamicchoiceimagessupport.css”.
Look around line 37 for the line:
<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ShowIconsOnDropDowns%22%20%2f%3e">
and delete that line.
Then look at the bottom for the line:
</actinic:block>
and delete that line too.
Save the modified file, restart SD and see if you’re now fixed.
If so it’s SellerDeck weirdly seeing the fixed setting “ShowIconsOnDropDowns“ as true in one place and false in another.
So it looks like you had a faulty database as far back as a year ago.

Presumably it's been working since then so it may be worth looking at what you've changed recently (like upgrading to 12.0.3).
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Thanks ! We will re-install and take a look

regards
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You could also try installing a clean SD 2013 onto a spare machine, installing the add-on and seeing if it works with a test product or two.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Hi Norman
On just seen your 22 Feb 6.13 post now but in the interim
We have download a fresh copy of SD2013 on a new machine imported as snap shot of our data ( Snapshot taken after Seller Deck Support has set choices to default)
We have uploaded and there are intermittent various glitches showing

Please see these examples
http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Musto-BR1-Jacket.html Size choice does not have correct graphic
http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Musto- ... omens.html No images on choices being displayed
http://www.chmarine.com/acatalog/Gill-C ... -1040.html The Size cannot be selected

Could we kindly ask you to take a look at the site as it now before we do anymore Just in case you can spot any problems
Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

This is all somewhat inexplicable behaviour.

First thing I see is that file "dynamicchoiceimagessupport.css" isn't on your server. It was definitely in the file that I sent you last Frida. If that file is in your Site folder then that points to SD failing to upload files that it should.

Double-check that you've unzipped everything from that Zipfile into your Site folder.

Next problem is the missing icons. The code for them is being correctly generated but again they are not on the server. Look in folder AutoScaledImages for file "dcs_6fbfcc6e275a263fb6679cc6c22807ee_50_63_ffffff_100.jpg". If it's there, this again this points to SD failing to upload files that it should.

None of these problems seem to be a fault in my add-on. Code is being correctly generated but essential files aren't making it to your server.
Norman
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Hi Norman
Thanks for your reply

Yes, file dcs_6fbfcc6e275a263fb6679cc6c22807ee_50_63_ffffff_100.jpg is in the directory .

And the attached screenshot from Site1 shows all the relevant files are in place . So cannot find anything else. We will now upload the site to the earlier version where SD Support set the Choices to default and then maybe take it up with SD Support in am .

Thanks for your helps
Please let me know if you spot anything
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (86.46 KiB) Viewed 22769 times
chmarine

Post by chmarine »

Jut a thought, should I try to force the upload ( Additional Files) of the file "dynamicchoiceimagessupport.css"