Dynamic Product Images

Images added to each Choice. Images displayed as scaled down icons. Main image swaps when the Choice is selected.
completerookie

Dynamic Product Images

Post by completerookie »

trying out Dynamic Product images, and I have read through the patch instructions,
the question is,
by making the changes as suggested in the patches, is there any implications for the existing html's - does it have any other effects on other pages
my thought's were
do I need to make copies (other than backup's)
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

A small amount of JavaScript is added to each product displayed. This can safely be ignored on non JavaScript browsers. It won't affect navigation or basic functionality.

Radio buttons for selecting product choices are now dynamically created by JavaScript. This fails safe (via <noscript> tags) on non JavaScript browsers. You'd just lose the additional images.

I don't understand your second point.
Norman
completerookie

Post by completerookie »

what I don't want to do is upset other functionality around other pages, I am just clarrifying that if I alter the original templates, I won't affect anything else around the system.

I'm quite happy taking traditional backups and documenting what I have done

kev
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You won't be affecting other pages functionality.

If they have JavaScript then it will be used to generate products radio buttons.

If they don't then they are generated exactly as per Actinic (within <noscript> tags).
Norman
completerookie

Post by completerookie »

Many thanks Norman, time to commit to some changes and experiment, after all, we can always restore the templates from the master directories

kev :)