Other Info information not working in view basket

Collect several lines of customer entered data with a product.
philrough

Post by philrough »

Hi,
A developer has implemented the Other Info patch on my behalf. The prompts work fine on the product view and appear to work fine on the checkout view. But, it all goes wrong in 'View Basket'.

Please select the Rudolph book from the shop, add dummy data in the Other Info prompts 'add to basket' and then select 'view basket'

http://www.starofthestory.co.uk

Is this a patching problem or something else ?

Thanks,
Phil.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You've not made the required patches to ActinicOrder.pm (and possibly OrderScript.pl).

Alternatively, you've done these patches but they've been overwritten by new files when you upgraded Actinic to a new patch level. In this case you have to re-patch ActinicOrder.pm and OrderScript.pl.

PS. Please remember this is Donationware.
Last edited by norman on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norman
philrough

Post by philrough »

Thanks,

Would these files not be repatched by importing a snapshot and then refreshing the website ?

Does it need to be repatched after every upgrade ?

Happy to make a donation when i have it working.

Phil.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Would these files not be repatched by importing a snapshot and then refreshing the website ?
I'm not sure. If your Snapsot is from an older version it would be automatically upgraded; and such an upgrade would replace the Perl.
Does it need to be repatched after every upgrade ?
Usually Actinic make minor changes to the Perl at every upgrade. These changes require the new scripts to be installed. So you have to re-do these patches. This is at worst only a few times per year.

If you find patching these files too difficult, I can do it, but I only do such work for people who have contributed.
Norman