Extended other info prompt

Collect several lines of customer entered data with a product.
astrostar69

Extended other info prompt

Post by astrostar69 »

Hi Norman,

I'm trying to implement your 'other info prompt' patch on a v7 Actinic site and testing using the Apache/WarFTP setup on my local machine.

When I 'upload' to the local machine and click on the 'Products' button (I'm using the Bestseller theme) I get an internal server error. When I use the offline preview no error is reported.

I've started with a new copy of the actiniccore.js, actinicorder.pm & orderscript.pl files and despite several attempts at patching I still get the same error message. I'm using Dreamweaver to amend the files and assume this doesn't introduce any extraneous code ?

I currently don't have a website for you to see as I'm still at the development stage.

Any help appreciated.

Graham
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You are likely to be making mistakes in patching the Perl. If you try again and still get errors it's probably because you've made the same mistake.

Use a text editor. E.g. good old Notepad and patch ActinicOrder.pm one routine at a time and test after each one (you're OK if you can Add to Cart with no internal server errors - don't worry about the patch not operating as it should). This will show you which routine is being done wrong. Make sure that you correctly locate the entire subroutine to replace (there are some confusing comments in some that may make you not go far enough).

Once ActinicOrder.pm is done and working, do OrderScript.pl, again one bit at a time.

If you've donated for these, then I can provide ready patched scripts - just let me know when and how you did and the version of Actinic you are using.
Norman
astrostar69

Post by astrostar69 »

Hi Norman,

thanks for the reply. I made a donation on 19/11/7 (astrostar69/Dragon Slayer). If you are able to send ready patched scripts that would be most helpful as I seem to be going round in circles at the moment. I'm on v7 of Actinic.

Graham
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi, Graham

Can you tell me the full version of Actinic you're using? E,g, 7.0.4, 7.0.6.
Norman
astrostar69

Post by astrostar69 »

Hi Norman,

I'm on version 7.0.6.0.0.0.GBGA of Actinic Developer.

Graham
astrostar69

Post by astrostar69 »

Hi Norman,

the patches worked perfectly.

Many thanks.

Graham :D