Multi Other Info Repeating Fields on order reports

Collect several lines of customer entered data with a product.
Bonjour

Multi Other Info Repeating Fields on order reports

Post by Bonjour »

Hi

I purchased the Multi Other Info patch and for some reason the fields are appearing twice on the order reports (Invoice & data entry) and also on the customer email, but not on the customer receipt which is almost identical to the invoice.

When I print an invoice or the customer gets the automatic order confirmation email, we get all the fields plus the "|:¬" characters showing in bold to the left and then these are repeated to the right, but also include the customer input.

Has anyone come across this? I note that this was an earlier bug, but has only just started happening and I have checked all my layouts and nothing seems duplicated. It all shows up fine in the cart and previously printed out tidily with no "|" or "¬" showing and I haven't made any major changes to anything since it was working okay, so I'm confused as to why this is happening. :?

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Re: Multi Other Info Repeating Fields on order reports

Post by norman »

A screen shot or a copy /paste of the customer email would help a lot.
Norman
Bonjour

Post by Bonjour »

I have attached the invoice showing the same problems, as I no longer have the emails (i've temporarily amended them to not show any cart details, just a customer message).

thanks
Attachments
Invoice showing multi info prob
Invoice showing multi info prob
invoice.JPG (102.12 KiB) Viewed 15893 times
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

It looks like you're using an original OrderScript.pl and not the patched one that Multi Other Info requires. If you've recently changed Themes or upgraded Actinic this may have caused this.

Email me with a note of your Actinic version number and I'll send the correct scripts.
Norman
Bonjour

Post by Bonjour »

Many thanks for the scripts. On a test site it seems to have sorted it. It's replaced the duplicated stuff with the word 'info' which is a lot better. However, its caused coding errors throughout my catalog product pages, referring to 'productids' and lines that aren't defined - can I ignore these if everything seems to be working? If not I will have to have a play around somehow.

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Changing OrderScript.pl cannot have caused any errors on your catalog pages. You must have some other problem.
Norman