Multiple Other Info Prompts not working

Collect several lines of customer entered data with a product.

Multiple Other Info Prompts not working

Post by Guest »

After being directed here from the Actinic forum, I thought I'd try the Multiple Other Info Prompts.

I've made the changes to the scripts as required. I've double checked and as a programmer, pretty sure the changes are correct. I'm not seeing the prompts. I've viewed the generated source and it looks like this:

<script language=JavaScript>setotherinfo('<SPAN CLASS="actrequiredcolor"><BR>Test1|Test2<BR></SPAN>', 'NAME="O_GK128">', '60', '1000')</script>

So I'm guessing something is working. Do you have any idea? I'm using Actinic 6.1.4 = maybe it's not supported? I have "Quantity on Product Page" set. I've been through the trouble shooting steps.

Just to be sure, what exactly do you mean by "Now do a site update. To refresh the modified scripts."?

Thanks,

Edward
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

what exactly do you mean by "Now do a site update. To refresh the modified scripts."?
They won't run on your server until you do the normal update that you need to do after changing any products, etc. It's the Web / Update command or the blue arrow that looks like a christmas tree.

As always. Without seeing a live page there's little I can do.

Norman

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue as Edward did.

I'm using Actinic 6.1.5. I've made the mods suggested and have double-checked them.

I've applied Name|Age to the first product in a section, but when I do an offline preview, the new fields do not appear; the Quantity field and Add to Cart buttons vanish; and the other products in the section disappear, too.

It seems as if everything following...

<script language=JavaScript>setotherinfo('<SPAN CLASS="actrequiredcolor"><BR>Name|Age<BR></SPAN>', NAME="O_INDMEM">', '60', '1000')<script>

...has gone.

What am I doing wrong? Or will the mod not work via an offline preview?

The generated html page and js file can be seen at:
http://www.jghonline.co.uk/act/sample.html
http://www.jghonline.co.uk/act/actiniccore.js

I've modded the .pm and .pl files too, but guess they're not referenced at this stage so aren't the issue...

Many thanks!
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

In Actinic / Design / Text / HTML find the line (it's Phase: -1 ID 2161)
replace it with the following line

Code: Select all

<script language=JavaScript>setotherinfo('%s', 'NAME="%s">', '%d', '%d')</script>
that final tag should be </script> - You have <script>

It should also all be on one long line.
Norman

Post by Guest »

Good old Copy / Paste is always better than retyping.

Post by Guest »

Is there a way to change one of the new form inputs generated by this mod to a checkbox? Thanks!
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

This is a big patch. It would take a LOT of additional work to add such functionality. I won't be doing this unless commissioned to do so.

However you have all the source so are welcome to try this yourself.
Norman

Post by Guest »

Hi Norman. Thanks for this (and for the help higher up this thread from last week). V helpful indeed...