Multi Other with dropdown and price

Collect several lines of customer entered data with a product.
Matty

Multi Other with dropdown and price

Post by Matty »

Hi,

Has anyone managed to use the multi other with a cost associated to it?

For example, a tick box component 'Add Embossing' £2.99 and if ticked the MOI Prompt drops down to show the personalisation text box area and when added to cart the additional £2.99 is also added to the cost and the personalisation moves to the cart as it would in normal mode?

I suppose I could just do a component and position the MOI Prompt under it, but it would be tidier if it only showed when required.

Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Re: Multi Other with dropdown and price

Post by norman »

You could put a (N.B. untested):-

Code: Select all

<div style="display:none" id="moip_<actinic:variable name="ProductID" /> .... </div> 
around the multi other info prompt and add some onchange JavaScript to the checkbox that sets the spans style to display = 'block' if the checkbox is checked:-

Code: Select all

onchange="document.getElementById('moip_<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />').style.display=this.checked ? 'block' : 'none';"
More tricky code may be needed to clear the MOI text if the customer subsequently unchecks the checkbox asfter filling in the MOI prompts.
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Re: Multi Other with dropdown and price

Post by norman »

P.S. I have an add-on - Engraving / Embroidering - that does exactly what you want.

Brief details on http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/
Norman