Using colorpicker with MOI

Collect several lines of customer entered data with a product.
graphicz

Using colorpicker with MOI

Post by graphicz »

I am trying to combine colorpicker (http://www.digitalmagicpro.com/jPicker/) with MOI

I have added the colorpicker class and the required ID to the js file and it seems to work but this seems a clumsy approach, also the colorpicker background is initially missing which it wasn't before combining with MOI.

Test site: http://www.webeg.net/color/acatalog/What-Colour-47.html (v14.0.3)

Page code:
<fieldset class="product-prompt">
<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UsingColorPicker%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true"><p><b>Choose your cloth colour here:</b><br />
<span class="actrequired">Disclaimer text goes here</span></p></actinic:block></actinic:block>
<!--<input id="Bindedd" type="text" value="e2ddcf" class="input-border colorpicker" name="O_<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" maxlength="1000" />-->
<script type="text/javascript">
setotherinfo('<Actinic:Variable encoding="actinic" Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/>', 'NAME="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>">', '40', '1000');
</script>
</fieldset>

Thank you.
norman
Site Admin

Re: Using colorpicker with MOI

Post by norman »

What you're trying won't work unless you can find a way of firing the jPicker entry fields "onchange" event after jPicker has selected a colour. If you don't do this, then the jPicker created text doesn't get passed to the Cart unless you enter a second field.

See jPicker Callback Functions for assistance.

That's really all the help I can give as this is not what Multi Other Info is intended for and integrating it with jPicker is likely to require a significant amount of bespoke code.

Using jPicker with SellerDeck standard Other Info field (without Multi Other Info installed) is likely to be much easier as no callbacks will be required.
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Re: Using colorpicker with MOI

Post by norman »

UPDATE: It can be integrated with Multi Other Info but will require some custom work. Contact me if interested.
Norman