Thumbnail Images shake

Display several small images against a main product. Clicking these images swaps the main product image.
yanni

Thumbnail Images shake

Post by yanni »

When I use the Extra Images on the side of the main photo and when the mouse is moving from one picture to the next all 6 extra images are shaking.
Why is this happening ?

When I use the layout where the Extra images are below the main photo, the shake doesn't occur.
norman
Site Admin

Re: Thumbnail Images shake

Post by norman »

I'd need to see a live page to be able to comment.
Norman
yanni

Post by yanni »

http://www.grafea.co.uk/shop/test/shop/ ... fcase.html

Also, the preview inside Actinic shows a chopped Description next to extra images, however it shows ok on external browser.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

This is a design and layout problem, not a Multi Product Images one.

You're trying to fit a huge product image, 2 columns of larg icons and some product desription across a fixed width screen. The browser is trying to do it's best by squashing things into available free space and this leads to the effect you see.

Reduce the size of the product image, or display a single column of icons and see if that helps.
Norman
yanni

Re: Increased Page width still shake

Post by yanni »

I've just quickly increased the page's width from 956 to 1200 and I still get a shake on the pictures.
Surely there must be something simple to add to the layout to avoid this.

http://www.grafea.co.uk/shop/test/shop/ ... fcase.html
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You haven't increased the width properly. That's why the product description and cart button are all but invisible. You need to set a wider area for the product display as well as the overall page width (Settings / Site Options / General / Site / Width For Main Area). Also see Settings / Site Options / Layout / Product / Width Of Product List.

Alternately, try temporarily using a small product image and you should see things working properly. I already suggested this!

A proper solution is a web-design problem and nothing to do with my add-on. Multi Product Images is a low-cost add on, and does not come with bespoke web design. Best talk to you web designer.
Norman
yanni

Post by yanni »

Thanks Norman...wasn't blame anyone for the design...just wanted some suggestions which you have given me and they are great.

Thanks again