Open Menu As Expanded

Two level, smoothly expanding, search engine friendly accordion menu.
taffybach

Open Menu As Expanded

Post by taffybach »

Apologies if this has already been asked but can you set the Accordion menu to open as expanded, rather than collapsed.
I have a client that has changed the structure of their business and we want to have the menu showing all categories (ie; expanded) when the page loads.

taffybach
norman
Site Admin

Re: Open Menu As Expanded

Post by norman »

A weird requirement. Accordion Menu without the accordion and everything showing at once.

Try this:

Settings / Site Options / Accordion Menu.

Set CollapsePrev to false.

Set DefaultExpanded to [0,1,2,3,4]

Above is for 5 top-level Sections. If you have more (e.g. 7) then use [0,1,2,3,4,5,6]
Norman
taffybach

Post by taffybach »

Thanks for this I'll give it a go.

The reason for this is that the client was originally going to have many categories of products but his plan has changed (for now) so he only has one.

In future he may want to add more as his business grows so rather than remove Accordion I was looking for the 'switch' to open expanded as he only currently has one type of product.
I thought this would be easier than removing it and re-adding in a few months time when additional categories are added. :-)

taffybach
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Makes sense now. When you go to a fuller menu you can restore to default entries CollapsePrev and DefaultExpanded and the menu will operate normally again.
Norman
taffybach

Post by taffybach »

Thanks Norman it worked a treat :-)
Will save me time when the client expands.

Much appreciated.

taffybach
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Super.

Accordion is based on a freeware menu from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... glossy.htm. It has lots of options, most of which aren't needed for Actinic users. When I wrote the integration, I allowed for many obscure options to be adjustable via the Actinic Settings, just in case...

That's a couple of them out of their default settings for the first time since March 2009.
Norman