Zoom Image 0 Not displaying locally

Integration of Magic Zoom Plus from http://www.magictoolbox.com with Actinic.
leej

Zoom Image 0 Not displaying locally

Post by leej »

Hi Norman,
We have recently updated a clients site with your Magic Zoom Functionality. Within my development software (12.0.3) the plugin behaves as it should. When we created a design snapshot and imported it into the clients site (12.0.1) we then set up the new product page and applied a zoom image 0 image as a test.

After some testing the following occurs:

1. Zoom Image 0 applied - The main image then disappears within the clients Preview pane (image below).

2. If additional images are added then Zoom Image 0 will then display.
3. If I bypass the zoom image 0 and add a new image to zoom image 1 then the automatic thumbnail for 0 is created as is zoom image 1.

If the site uploads then again all is well. The client is running Windows XP.

Can issues occur when importing a design snapshot into a downgraded version of the software?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards.
Lee.
norman
Site Admin

Re: Zoom Image 0 Not displaying locally

Post by norman »

If you only set a ZoomImage0, then Magic Zoom Plus operates without displaying any icons. Mouse-overing the main image should show the Zoom.

Using only a Zoom Image 0 works fine here (both on the Content pane Preview and the Design mode one). It could be something specific to your site or the disparity between versions.

Why not upgrade the client to the same version of SD as yourself? That would get one difference out of the way.
Norman
leej

Post by leej »

Hi Norman,
I have tried what you suggested and updated the Clients version to the same as mine so we are both running 12.0.3. I've also Imported the Multi-Zoom design snapshot in again on the clients computer and still no Zoom Image 0. As I mentioned before the functionality works when on the website but just not locally on the clients machine. Any further thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Eeek! A problem that's local to one machine only is going to be hard to diagnose without being there.

The version of Windows, Internet Explorer installed, default Browser and the settings in Settings / Site Options / Layout / Site / Embedded Preview Compatibility may be worth checking against a known good machine.

EDIT: If they're on XP then the problem may solve itself in a few weeks as it would then be risky to have an internet facing PC that runs your business operating via unpatched and unsupported XP.
Norman
leej

Post by leej »

Thanks Norman for the suggestions. If I have any luck solving the issue then I'll let you know.

Regards.
Lee.