Magic zoom First Image Zoom Issue - themeCore.js conflict

Integration of Magic Zoom Plus from http://www.magictoolbox.com with Actinic.
leej

Magic zoom First Image Zoom Issue - themeCore.js conflict

Post by leej »

Hi Norman,
I have just updated the Magic Zoom to the new Responsive version which is fantastic. One issue/bug I have come across which I hope you can help me with is when the first image feature attempts to rollover on the initial image the zoom image aligns to the top left corner and cannot be zoomed around. This seem to affect all the initial images on the site. an example can be found here: http://dev4.centurius.co.uk/acatalog/Ra ... _Flat.html

If you click onto an icon the zoom function works like a charm. If you then click back onto the first initial icon then the zoom function again works.

Any assistance regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Lee.
norman
Site Admin

Re: Magic zoom First Image Zoom Issue

Post by norman »

You have a lot of code that should be in the HEAD part of your page placed much further down (after the product content). This includes the Magic Zoom Setup code. So is a likely cause of your problem.

Consider re-arranging code.

P.S. There are also several <main> tags and only one is allowed.
Norman
leej

Post by leej »

Hi Norman,
Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the heads up on the main tag.

I've done as you've instructed but still the issue. After looking further into it I think I've found the culprit causing the problem. The issue occurs because of an external function called 'correctResponsiveImagesPosition' within the themeCore.js file.

My problem now is that I am in no mans land when it comes to javascript. Is there any chance you could help (at a cost, obviously) to amend this function so that the Magic Zoom can disregard or bypass this function based on a class that we could assign to the main product image?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Lee.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

There are 1500 lines of jQuery based JavaScript between themeCore.js and theme.js and your site relies on this code to make it responsive (instead of using SellerDeck's responsive methods).

Magic Zoom Plus works fine with the SellerDeck way of being responsive.

I'll have to do some experimenting to see how this can be fixed. Email me for a cost estimate.
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

A fix was found. If using the themeCore.js file to make a site responsive, then themeCore.js needs a line added.
Edit themeCore.js and look for:

Code: Select all

styledSelect : function(){
A few lines above that is:

});

},
Amend it to be:

});
			MagicZoomPlus.refresh();	// reinitialise Magic Zoom Plus after images are modified
		},
Norman