Product Section List - Actinic 8

Another automatic cascading menu for Actinic 5 onwards. This one allows more modern DHTML effects.
bwshop

Product Section List - Actinic 8

Post by bwshop »

Brilliant program - exactly as planned...

However, is there any way that the product section list can be removed from the overall layout and insert the cascading menu's instead (regardless of screen resolution).

Many thanks in advance...
Matt.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

There are so many Themeas and layout variations that it's difficult to answer without seeing a live page. Have you an URL?

Also, if you're using the default site design, the line

<actinic:variable value="Top Level Section List With Horizontal Dividers" name="TopLevelSectionList" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTopSectionListIncluded%22%20%2f%3e" />

in the overall layout can be deleted to remove the list. Altenatively you could replace the above a named div with a style that makes it occupy the space where your top-level menu will need.
Norman
bwshop

Post by bwshop »

http://www.bwshop.co.uk/acatalog/catalog.html

Just up as a tester - nothing in it is final. I haven't uploaded it with NorCascade yet, if you need this to be uploaded, let me know.

Cheers,
Matt.
bwshop

Post by bwshop »

I have so far managed to get the 'NorCascade (V12) needs Javascript' to show affline before allowing the ActionScipt with a bit of Dreamweaver editing - but it doesn't display the menu when you allow the ActionScript...
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Internet Explorer gives useless diagnostics.

You'll get much better information if you copy / paste the Preview URL into Firefox and use its Tools / JavaScript Console.

Also a link to a live page containing NorCascade would help a lot.
Norman
bwshop

Post by bwshop »

Uploaded to the same address with NorCascade - if you can guess, I'm trying to use your program instead of the original Actinic top section list. Hmm...

Certainly makes it a hell of a lot easier to navigate (which is the whole point!).

Cheers....
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I see those links don't work. Can you make this change to norcascade_pop_tail.js (in your Actinic site folder).

Look for the line

Code: Select all

var link = urls[I].sURL;
and replace with

Code: Select all

var link = urls[I].sURL.replace(/&/ig, '&');
Norman
bwshop

Post by bwshop »

Done that...
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The links are now working (but they now go via cgi-bin) as you've deleted your prior LinkPrefix entry. You can restore that and check if the links still work.

To position the menu, set Level 1 / H Offset to a negative value e.g -200 and see what happens.
Norman
bwshop

Post by bwshop »

Thanks for that...

Now uploaded it with the product section list off - I'm guessing to make the room for the NorCascade menu, it's a simple HTML table to the specified height, and then trial and error to get the menu in the right place?

And to make it search engine friendly, I need to include a link to the site map on every page?

Thinking about it - of course you're a genius! You built the program!!! :lol: