Menu Borders

Another automatic cascading menu for Actinic 5 onwards. This one allows more modern DHTML effects.
jbingham

Menu Borders

Post by jbingham »

Hi,

Thanks for a great script which we will be donating for very soon. I have one minor customisation that I can't quite pull off on my own however. What I want to do is add a border around each menu box, rather than each item within that box. I am not sure which, if any, style I should edit or create.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards,

John Bingham
Spider Design Ltd
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I am swamped with support requests. I only have time at the moment to help those who've donated.
Norman
jbingham

Post by jbingham »

Donation made via paypal. Thanks for your time.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi,

Many thanks for the Donation. You don't need to donate to Angus at Twinhelix as I'll pass some of your donation on to him.

You can add borders around the boxes as follows. Run NorCascade and go to Advanced / Extra Code. Paste the following in at the very bottom.

Code: Select all

//  addMenuBorder(menuObject, ItemStyle, opacity of border, 'border colour', border width, 'padding colour', padding width);
// Opacity is a number from 0 to 100, or null for solid colour (just like the ItemStyles).
addMenuBorder(pMenu, window.Level1, null, '#666666', 1, '#CCCCDD', 1);
addMenuBorder(pMenu, window.Level2, null, '#666666', 1, '#CCCCDD', 1);
addMenuBorder(pMenu, window.Level3, null, '#666666', 1, '#CCCCDD', 1);
The first two lines are informative comments that will help with customising these. The 3 code lines correspond to each level in the menu. Level3 is used for the 3rd and subsequent levels.
Norman