another fine mess...

Another automatic cascading menu for Actinic 5 onwards. This one allows more modern DHTML effects.
sallydickson

another fine mess...

Post by sallydickson »

I have just installed cascade, and this is what it looks like:

http://www.smileyworld.com/shop/acatalo ... World.html

Great! A flating navigation bar, right on top of the site logo.

I think I need to tweak with the vertical and the lock, any tips would be much welcomed.

Thanks,
sallydickson

looking better...

Post by sallydickson »

OK.

So I have alligned the menus within my designs - well almost, and I have changed the colours. Great!

NOw I need to remove level 1.

Any ideas?

Check: http://www.smileyworld.com/shop
sallydickson

placing the menu within a table

Post by sallydickson »

I can't get the menu to sit within the <td></td> code I have set up in the alt primary.

Which bit of the code actually drives these menus?

The menu is floating about the left-hand side of my webshop in the most inelegant way.

I have read most of the posts in the forum and no-one else seems to have this problem.

I create <td height="280"> </td> but the menus seem to have a mind of their own.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The menu doesn't actually sit within your pages HTML, but "floats" above it. You are able to set the coordinates at which it displays (displacement from top-left of the parent window).

It is possible to anchor the menu to a named HTML element. However it is more complex than the simple positioning just mentioned. Read norcascade-configuration.txt and look for the information on Target. In this case the first level H and V offset works from the anchor.

It is also more usual to set the Orientation parameter (damn - I've just noticed a spelling error there in the NorCascade config program display) for the second and subsequent levels to Vertical. Most people will get confused if these popout levels are long horizontal lists.
Norman