Always display top two menu levels

Another automatic cascading menu for Actinic 5 onwards. This one allows more modern DHTML effects.
Elysiumgoz

Always display top two menu levels

Post by Elysiumgoz »

When using NorCascade, it automatically displays the top level menu.

Is it possible to display the top two levels automatically and then have the cascade effect from level 2 down? Hope that make sense.

If you look at http://www.woodworkingcentreshop.co.uk I have the top level menu shown on the left column. There are two entries - "Product Range" and "Manufacturer". If you hover over either it displays the second level immediately below. I'd like that second level displayed all the time. Is that possible?

thanks

Andy[/url]
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I'd like that second level displayed all the time. Is that possible?
The only way to do this would be to have several separate NorCascade menus operating. Each one being tweaked to start at a different sub-level in the Actinic section tree structure. A huge, complex and costly job.
Norman
Elysiumgoz

Post by Elysiumgoz »

OK - thanks for that Norman.

Perhaps I should explore other ways of achieving this.

Can Norcascade start at a lower level than the top level? I think I've seen that it can. But if I do that then I need to find some way of inserting the "Product Range" and "Manufacturer" labels in (which do not need to be clickable).

Or, if it can't start at a lower level, then perhaps I move all my subsections up to be sections - but I still need to find a way of inserting those labels at appropriate places.

Mmmmm. Needs some thought.

regards

Andy
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Can Norcascade start at a lower level than the top level?
Yes. See viewtopic.php?t=222
Norman