CSS Styles

Another automatic cascading menu for Actinic 5 onwards. This one allows more modern DHTML effects.
bwshop

CSS Styles

Post by bwshop »

Quick question-

I have a new style for the NorCascade navigation bar, but after changing the font, the colour (#FFFFFF 'white') doesn't register, and it reverts back to the Actinic predefined settings - the colour set for the links is too dark for the background colour of the toolbar. Is there anyway I can get round this?

Cheers,
Matt
http://www.bwshop.co.uk
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Does this viewtopic.php?t=199 article help?

If not, it may be because these items are links and the Actinic CSS for link colour is overriding. You could always add specific css for these. Something like

a:link.lowText {....}
a:visited.lowText {...}
a:active.lowText {...}

and similar for .highText

I hope I've got the syntax right above as I'm not a CSS guru. It might be

.lowText a:link {....}
.lowText a:visited {...}
.lowText a:active {...}
Last edited by norman on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norman
bwshop

Post by bwshop »

Brilliant - so the font class styles will only override the Actinic CSS if the specified font/colour/size/style etc is set as the highText and lowText (not something like highTextblue or lowTextblue) for future reference...

Thanks once again...

M
:D
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I'm not that good with CSS. If the above worked, could you post what you did so that others can see.
Norman
bwshop

Post by bwshop »

.lowText { text-decoration: none; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; vertical-align: middle }
a.lowText { text-decoration: none; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; vertical-align: middle }
.highText { text-decoration: none; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; vertical-align: middle }
a.highText { text-decoration: none; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; vertical-align: middle }
In the styles tab of the program, the styles can be adjusted for the font, borders and so on...
The Actinic CSS was overriding the NorCascade CSS because I had introduced a different style called 'burtonwaters' (our style).

Instead, I changed the style of the '.highText' and '.lowText' with the required styles. This stoped the Actinic CSS overriding the NorCascade predefined style - so I suspect that somewhere within the program code, the original styles are programmed to override the Actinic CSS, but not others??

Anyway - that's what I did, and it has worked...
Don't introduce new styles for the fonts - use the existing styles, but change them as required.

Cheers,
Matt.