Menu positioning relative to a tag

Another automatic cascading menu for Actinic 5 onwards. This one allows more modern DHTML effects.
valley decor

Menu positioning relative to a tag

Post by valley decor »

Hi Norman,

Question regarding the positioning on the menu. When I used a tag to position it
startMenu(menuname, true, 'window.page.elmPos("home").x','window.page.elmPos("home").y + 147', breadth, style, frame, show);

The side menues not pop out to the right. They are ontop of the the menu.

How do I correct this?? :?

Thanks!!
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I think I saw your site when answering a post from you on the Actinic Community.

You are trying to use my V7 "donationware" (did you donate?) on a V8 site.

That version of NorCascade won't work properly with V8 and the links will fail on some browsers.

I have a new release that's designed to work with V8. See http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff for details.

Also, you'll see some alternative menus (NorList, Collapso) that work with V8 and are search engine friendly. They're only useful on sites with up to 200 Sections, however, as the HTML they generate (on every page) may be too big on huge sites.
Norman
valley decor

Post by valley decor »

To Angus @ twinhelix for the popmenu.

The menu seems to work on explorer 6,7 FF and Opera. Just when anchored the pop menus are ontop not on the right side.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

NorCascade has several parts. The configuration program NorCascade.exe and the Actinic interface (I wrote those) and the DHTML menu (Angus Meldrum). Both of us provide these as donationware.

I don't support NorCascade for V7 if it's being used on V8. The configuration program won't run and there will be problems with the links for logged in Business customers on some browsers.

As I said, I've a new version for V8 and some more modern alternatives. These are not donationware (they cost £35) and I send £15 from every copy licensed to Angus. Details on http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff
Norman