MOVED POST

Another automatic cascading menu for Actinic 5 onwards. This one allows more modern DHTML effects.
norman
Site Admin

MOVED POST

Post by norman »

by lizg13865 on 12 May 2008 04:27 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum but hope someone can help.

We had our web designer put Norcascade on our site a couple of years ago and it's been fine. But I have just got a new screen and the menu displays completely out of align with the rest of the site. It's never displayed like this on my pc before, so it is presumably something to do with the new screen, which is only a standard Dell. I guess if it's like this on my screen, it's probably like this on other people's screens also.

Our web guy has moved abroad so I don't know who to ask to put this right. With clear instructions I am hopeful I can do it myself, but I don't really know where to start. I have found a Norcascade file called norcascade_pop_data.js in our Sites folder but I can' open it, so if the information is in there I'm going to have to get someone else to do it for me.

Our website is

http://www.koolsun.co.uk

Any help much appreciated because it looks awful.

Thank you!
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Re: MOVED POST

Post by norman »

You have a centered web-page but are displaying the NorCascade menu relative to the left edge of the screen.

You need to run the NorCascade application and tick the Center option (near top-left).

Then, on the Layout tab set Level 1 / H Offset to a negative number to position the menu left of centre. Note the old value so you can undo things. After making these changes, click the Create Vars and preview a page in Actinic to see how it looks. When you've got it right, click Save Settings.
Norman