Non-actinic pages

Search engine friendly UL list type menu for Actinic V8 and V9. Styled by CSS and animated by a small JavaScript.
rtully

Non-actinic pages

Post by rtully »

Hi Norman

Many thanks for your help with installing NorList on http://www.needlesports.com. Is it possible to install the Actinic menu on pages outside of the catalog and brochure, such as the home page?

Roger
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Only by manually copying / pasting the NorList code from an Actinic page. And you'd have to redo this if your section structure changed.

Here's how to (untested) try this:

Look in the source of a generated page for the </head> line. There should be a lump of code above that like

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="fsmenu.js"></script><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" id="norlistmenu" href="listmenu_b.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" id="fsmenu-fallback" href="listmenu_fallback.css" />
Copy that to above the </head> line in your own page. You'll have to adjust the src="..." and href="..." to point to your acatalog folder.

Now look for the block

Code: Select all

<ul class="menulist" id="listMenuRoot">
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="listmenuactivate.js"></script>
Copy / paste that lot to a temporary file. You'll again have to change the src="listmenuactivate.js" to point to your acatalog directory.

The big change is to do a global search / replace on the above text and replace all E.g.

<a href='Shoes.html'>

with

<a href='pathtoacatalog/Shoes.html'>

Now copy the temp file into your page where you want the menu.

NB all untested.
Norman
rtully

Post by rtully »

Thanks Norman. That worked really well!

Roger
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Wow! I'm amazed it worked first time. I was just outlining the steps I though would do it.

Anyway, as you see, the menu is just an UL list. So you could easily add your own items into it if you wanted to extend the navigation.
Norman