NorList with registered customers

Search engine friendly UL list type menu for Actinic V8 and V9. Styled by CSS and animated by a small JavaScript.
Mocker

NorList with registered customers

Post by Mocker »

Hi Norman,

I hope the remaining part of our payment has reached you by now. We have been testing NorList and ran into a problem. NorList doesn't seem to work with customers who are logged in - every time I use the menu (i.e. click on an item in it), it logs me out. This is quite a large problem, actually, since a large part of our customers are registered, so I hope there is some kind of solution for this.

--
Risto Tahvanainen
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Norlist uses exactly the same type of links as the Site Map. Try using the Site Map links and report if they cause problems too.
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

UPDATE:

I've tested NorList here with logged-in users and they stay logged in as they should.

Perhaps a browser caching issue. Try using another browser.

If you're able to post the URL of a test site (and login details) that would help.
Norman
Mocker

Post by Mocker »

I'm uploading the site as I write this, but this problem occured to me on the following browsers: Firefox (2.0.0.6), IE (7.something) and Opera (9.21). However, I only tested it on this one computer, so that might have something to do with it... Links on the Site Map work fine. The address of the test site is:
http://www.proairsoft.com/acatalog/test ... index.html
The menu should pop up when you place the cursor on the "Kauppa" (Store) button. You can use this test account:
Username: testmember, Password: testmember

I copied an example link from the menu while logged in:
http://www.proairsoft.com/acatalog/test ... ungot.html
Normally when I'm logged in, the links are much more complex:
http://www.proairsoft.com/cgi-bin/bb900 ... ungot.html
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Have you made any changes to the NorList code (e.g. layout NorList Dynamic Menu Code)? When I look at the generated pages I see (e.g.)

Code: Select all

<a href=' Uutuudet.html '>Uutuudet</a>
and it is these extraneous spaces that are breaking Actinic.
Norman
Mocker

Post by Mocker »

I did make changes to it - i just wanted to have the blocks on different rows so it wouldn't look so messy. Seems like I shouldn't touch things I don't understand :oops: . Anyways, this fixed the problem, and everthing is working correctly.

Thanks!
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

i just wanted to have the blocks on different rows so it wouldn't look so messy
The line you tweaked is an Actinic bit of code. It does look horrible when it is so long but adding newlines has unexpected effects. At least it's fixed now.
Norman