No animation

Search engine friendly UL list type menu for Actinic V8 and V9. Styled by CSS and animated by a small JavaScript.
Gareth

No animation

Post by Gareth »

Hi,
I have just installed NorList into my store and it isn't working the way I had hoped. I have looked at the demo verson at http://www.drillpine.biz/v8norlist/ which is exactly how it needs to work apart from tweeking the colour scheme. All I have so far is bullet-pointed sections and sub-sections. I have attempted it 3 times and always get the same results. Im guessing it is something I'm not going to solve on my own any time soon. Any advice would be great.
I have uploaded a snapshot of the site to http://www.rgdesign.co.uk/norlist - I'm not sure if this will help.

Many thanks
Gareth
norman
Site Admin

Re: No animation

Post by norman »

You've installed the NorList Support layout after the </body> tag instead of above the </head> tag.

However, that isn't the real problem. For some reason your site is not correctly processing the CSS tags within NorList Support. When you Preview, these files should be copied into the PreviewHTML folder and that isn't happening.

If you manually copy all the listmenu*.css into PreviewHTML and DesignPreviewHTML then things work. However you'll need to recopy if you edit one of these files.

This seems to be an Actinic bug specific to your site as your line:

<link href="mst.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Is not being processed correctly either. Look at the source of in a generated Preview page and you'll see

which implies that the file has to be in PreviewHTML but it isn't.
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Re: No animation

Post by norman »

You've installed the NorList Support layout after the </body> tag instead of above the </head> tag.

However, that isn't the real problem. For some reason your site is not correctly processing the CSS tags within NorList Support. When you Preview, these files should be copied into the PreviewHTML folder and that isn't happening.

If you manually copy all the listmenu*.css into PreviewHTML and DesignPreviewHTML then things work. However you'll need to recopy if you edit one of these files.

This seems to be an Actinic bug specific to your site as your line:

Is not being processed correctly either. Look at the source of in a generated Preview page and you'll see

which implies that the file has to be in PreviewHTML but it isn't.
Norman