not working quite as should?

Search engine friendly UL list type menu for Actinic V8 and V9. Styled by CSS and animated by a small JavaScript.
peter

not working quite as should?

Post by peter »

Hi All

I think I have followed the installation instructions but its not working quite as I thought .
Would anybody be good enough to check it out and run there eye over the source to let me know where I have gone wrong.

http://62.149.33.247/~naturesp/

Many Thanks
norman
Site Admin

Re: not working quite as should?

Post by norman »

You've selected the "Accordion" style. This is somewhat experimental. Try listmenu_b.css instead and report what happens.

If nothing happens, check that you've unzipped into your Site folder. I don't see listmenu_a.css on your server and it would be there if you'd unzipped everything. Your Site folder is the one with a recent dated ActinicCatalog.mdb in it.

Also, is this a new installation? When did you get it? What's the name of the installation Zipfile?
Norman
peter

Post by peter »

Hi Norman

Thanks for getting back.

I've ftp'd listmenu_a.css into my acatalog folder and that has made a vast difference.

I'm still a bit perplexed though.

1. Overall Look and Feel
I was rather hoping it would look like your NorList demo - the fly out:
http://www.drillpine.biz/v8norlist/

I don't recall selecting an "Accordian" style

The installation was sent today as was named NorListDesignInstallV8-V202.zip.

2. Installation
Leaving aside the look and feel - I seem to have a problem with installation -

I have just repeated the installation process to the letter I believe....

On site preview - whichever css file I select in site option - the same problem - the css file appears not be found.
And they appear not be uploaded either as you discovered.
I'm using Win XP Actinic Business 8.5.1.0.0.0.HERA. Multi site edition.

I hope this makes some sense to you.
Thanks for your support.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi, Peter

All very strange. If the files are in your Site folder, then Actinic should automatically upload them. Something's stopping this from happening on your system.

Double-check that these files are in your Site folder (right-click them and choose Properties to check if they've been renamed by some anti-virus / firewall program).

If that's not it, make sure they are in fact in your Site folder. See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30219 for a note regarding it's location.
Norman
peter

Post by peter »

Hi Norman

Attached should be a screen shot showing the actinic site folder with some of your norlist files in it. The others are in there too.

Also you can see the actinic site I am installing it on.

All looks ok to me i think.

I've right clicked the file - no name name change.
Its a fairly stripped down pc - no firewall / anti-virus other than the on board xp.

Re: 1. Overall Look and Feel
Could you tell me how I chnage it from accordian style to fly out menu style (http://www.drillpine.biz/v8norlist/ ) ?
I would be greatly encouraged if I could get it to display the way I want it to - even it means manually putting the files where they need to be.
Attachments
screen shot of my pc actinic dir / actinic
screen shot of my pc actinic dir / actinic
4norman.jpg (186.27 KiB) Viewed 17642 times
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi, Peter

I see it's working now (in Accrodion mode).

You change the look via Settings / Site Options / Layout / Site / NorList Style.

Choose listmenu_b.css for the blue flyout version. And listmenu_o.css for the one you see first on http://www.drillpine.biz/v8norlist/

See the ReadMe where there are also some Theme specific styles available.
Norman
peter

Post by peter »

Hello Norman

Thats better!
I have manually put listmenu_b into the PreviewHTML dir and it displays the fly out as I wished.

The only remaining problem is my site's inability to load the style sheet automatically - either in preview or live mode.

I will press on with the site and see how it manages without this feature working and come back to you if its problematic.

Thanks very much.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You can force Actinic to upload these files for you via Design / Additional Files. Add listmenu_b.css and also listmenu_fallback.css there.

File listmenu_fallback.css is used if the customer has JavaScript disabled so they'll see a prettier menu than the raw html list. Currently it's not on your server so it would be a good idea to add it as above.
Norman