Fly-outs behind content

Search engine friendly UL list type menu for Actinic V8 and V9. Styled by CSS and animated by a small JavaScript.
Artisan

Fly-outs behind content

Post by Artisan »

I have installed Norlist in a site I'm building and the fly-outs are appearing behind a Flash slideshow on the home page in both Firefox and IE. The site is on a test server at http://000.artinet.co.uk/. Does anyone know if there's there a way to make Norlist stay in front of the slideshow?

Malcolm
norman
Site Admin

Re: Fly-outs behind content

Post by norman »

A well known problem overlaying anything above Flash and SELECT boxes. They're not really part of the pages but "float" on top of it. Try this:

Norlist hiding some content when active - simple way.

Put something like <span id="fader"> ... </span> around your problem area.

Then add this to the bottom of listmenuactivate.js

Code: Select all

function nlsetviz(id, viz){if(document.getElementById(id))document.getElementById(id).style.visibility = viz;}
fsmAddEvent(listMenu, 'show', function(){nlsetviz('fader', 'hidden');}, 1);
fsmAddEvent(listMenu, 'hide', function(){nlsetviz('fader', 'visible');}, 1);
This should hide the problem area when the menu is active and restore it when the menu is inactive.
Norman
Artisan

Post by Artisan »

Hi Norman

That certainly works, but it makes the slideshow disappear from the page intermittently, I'm pretty certain the client won't put up with their slideshow flashing on and off :)

Any ideas?

Malcolm
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

That's the best you can do with NorList.

Email me if you want to use another menu that doesn't intrude into the content area (like Accordion or Collapso) or want a refund.
Norman
Artisan

Post by Artisan »

That's a shame, I'll have to get back to the client, hopefully he'll go for something else.

For reference I tried adding the parameter <PARAM NAME="WMode" VALUE="Transparent"> to the movie's embed code, but it only helps in IE, not in Firefox.

Malcolm
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

NorList uses Freestyle Menu from www.twinhelix.com. There's a support forum there but I thnk you'll find the same answer.
Norman