A Few Problems

Search engine friendly UL list type menu for Actinic V8 and V9. Styled by CSS and animated by a small JavaScript.
Martin Burton

A Few Problems

Post by Martin Burton »

Hi all.

I'm using Norlist on a V10 Site, using the listmenu_h.css.

The site is based on the Silver theme.

Since install, I'm having a problem with the first drop downs, some render correctly as a vertical single list, but others are coming down as a double list:

Section name Section Name
Section name Section Name

I can't work out why this is happening and as it has been doing it since install, its nothing I've done.

Also, I'm wanting the drop downs to use a background image (the same as the Silver Theme Vertical Nav Bar) but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated, I hope I'm not just being terminally stupid.
norman
Site Admin

Re: A Few Problems

Post by norman »

I'd need an URL to help.
Norman
Martin Burton

Post by Martin Burton »

I'll get it up on a test server and get back to you.
Martin Burton

Post by Martin Burton »

Hi again.

The site is hosted currently as:

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial64569/index.html

All help appreciated.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I'm afraid I have no idea as to what's wrong there. It's most likely a CSS problem (I see you've done some customisation) and I'm not a CSS expert.

Suggestions:

Use the standard listmenu_h.css and see if it fails there. If so, it may be an interaction with your existing CSS. If not make changes one at a time until you break it, then you'll know what's going wrong.

Post a support request on www.twinhelix.com. NorList uses FreeStyle Menu v1.0 RC12 from there and I send Angus at TwinHelix £15 for every NorList used. My code is the integration with Actinic which generates the HTML list, not the CSS or JavaScript.

If these don't work, email me and request a refund.
Norman
Martin Burton

Post by Martin Burton »

The odd double list has been showing since the start, before I changed anything. However, thanks for the advice and I'll post over at TwinHelix.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

A quick test to see if it's an interaction with your CSS, would be to preview a page. Then rename or delete the actinic.css file within the PreviewHTML folder.

Now reload the page without regenerating it in Actinic via the browsers reload button (page will look horribly unstyled) and see if the menu displays as it should.
Norman